Central States pension calculator

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you were to retire right now, 55-30, what is the monthly payout in the CS?

$3400/mo

But UPS pays the full amount until you turn 65.

Then CS pays their portion, which is roughly $2300/mo for someone 55 right now, and UPS then gets to drop their portion to $1100.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I’m a 30 plus year employee , I have vested interest in both

Yes, but if you use the UPS/IBT calculator, it takes into account your Central States portion of your benefits when you turn 65.

You are no longer in the Central States fund so their retirement calculator will not work for you.

brownelf

After BUG flamed me when I asked a question about the guarantee language awhile back I took time to contact my BA on this. He basically said the same thing, UPS liability on this issue will reduce each year as those of us in UPS/IBT fund with CSPF years die off. Don't believe this will really become an issue till they make cuts and it starts costing UPS money. Hopefully at that point the costs will be less than the bad press the company would get by wanting to drop the guarantee.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
After BUG flamed me

If I remember correctly, my flamethrower was only set to "stun" ?

:biggrin:

When I asked a question about the guarantee language awhile back I took time to contact my BA on this. He basically said the same thing

I wish all members would take the time to research things.

Don't believe this will really become an issue till they make cuts and it starts costing UPS money. Hopefully at that point the costs will be less than the bad press the company would get by wanting to drop the guarantee.

It would still have to be negotiated out, and I don't see the IBT leave anyone hanging.

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

It would still have to be negotiated out, and I don't see the IBT leave anyone hanging.

-Bug-[/QUOTE]

You don't know your IBT.