Pension calculator updated?

Family

Any Central States employees test the calculator to see if it has the new additions to monthly payouts?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The calculator should project future losses with future contributions being diverted from our pensions and into the welfare central. Call it the O'Brien Effect.

Family

The calculator should project future losses with future contributions being diverted from our pensions and into the welfare central. Call it the O'Brien Effect.
Using your logic, how about the more productive you are, the more money is put in your pension. You can either retire early or have a higher monthly payout based on performance.

Wally

Using your logic, how about the more productive you are, the more money is put in your pension. You can either retire early or have a higher monthly payout based on performance.
Production as a whole made for record profits which funds our benefits.

My logic views the pension contributions as a pie. You slice up the pie, big or small, equally among all the pension funds.

Karma...

communism in all its glory...the lawn mower effect......cut the stand-outs to the level of the masses......its the tyranny of the proletarians....ayn rand is spot on and reviled for it.

Trucker Clock

My logic views the pension contributions as a pie. You slice up the pie, big or small, equally among all the pension funds.

Fair enough.

The total pension contributions are a pie, not just contribution increases. The pension contributions should be split equally among pension funds.

That means we need to reduce your $14/hr contribution rate in order to increase the New England $11.15/hr contribution rate. And we need to reduce yours even more so that every pension fund has the same contribution rate.

It should probably average out to about a $12 pension contribution to every fund, to make it fair. So, we need to reduce your contribution rate by $2/hr.

I mean, it's fair, isn't it? Then all contributions will be equal among all pension funds. Nobody will get any more, or any less, than anyone else. That's what you want, right?

BobJ

So a retiree living in MA with a $3400 mortgage should have the same pension as a WV resident with a $800 mortgage...

The central states have a lower pension because the cost of living is lower than coastal states.

Wally

OK. So you’re willing to give up at least $2/hr in pension contributions so that everybody is equal? I agree. Everybody’s pension contributions should be equal.
Only the Sean of Sherwood's special locals will be reduced as the contributions will be made equal.