Central States Pension Cuts Meeting set for October 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not deep at all. I try to post very shallow answers so guys like Upstate can keep up. I thought you were above that level...
BTW, expenses include airfare and hotels. They might be willing to pass on the certificate and buy their own meals but I doubt they'd enjoy bearing the costs of the flight and hotel.
Maybe had the unpaid CS trustees attended more seminars years ago, they would've had the knowledge to address these issues years back.

I guess I was a little rough on your post. I just find it hard to believe they actually go to these meetings to solve anything. I still bet when the "class" is over they are climbing all over each other to be the first out the door and on the beach.

10 point

When I can buy something made in American and/or union made I do unlike people that say are tough union guys and do practice what they preach. I also didn't cave when I got unjustly fired like others do.
Must of had a good BA that supported you and didn't lie about you and try to make him/herself appear differently than reality to their peers?

That's great.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am surprised the OG cheerleaders (wide and lead) haven't informed you all of the great job Hoffa did to protect (some would call it ignore) the central states pensioners.

All orphned retirees will get their pensions cut to 110% of the PBGC maximum including all UPS retirees who retired before 2008.

These are severe cuts.

Some will lose about 2/3 of their pensions.

Way to go wide and lead.

And this is just the 1st round of cuts.

Hofficer Hater

The orphaned retirees that are currently getting $3000 a month will see a $1200 pension cut.

An orphaned retire is someone who retired and the company they worked for no longer exists or stopped paying into the fund.

Where are all those Hoffaites that claimed this was all TDU spin? For 10 years Hoffa refused to address this issue and was hoping that it wouldn't come until after the election next year.

I wonder how the 65,000 affected active members of the fund will vote next year? Most likely not for awful!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The orphaned retirees that are currently getting $3000 a month will see a $1200 pension cut.

An orphaned retire is someone who retired and the company they worked for no longer exists or stopped paying into the fund.

Where are all those Hoffaites that claimed this was all TDU spin? For 10 years H refused to address this issue and was hoping that it wouldn't come until after the election next year.

I wonder how the 65,000 affected active members of the fund will vote next year? Most likely not for awful!

A retiree from a company that paid their pension withdrawal liability, as UPS did, are not considered orphaned retirees under the proposed pension cuts.

The Treasury department also has 225 days to review these cuts. Could still be awhile.

http://www.pionline.com/article/201...pension-fund-seeks-permission-to-cut-benefits

upschuck

For those who wanted UPS to pay more to shore up your pension, that money would have come from the raise that you would not have gotten to pay for companies retirees that did not pay their share for contributions. That would not have gone over well.

If you want to blame anyone, you would have to blame those that negotiated the supplements that allowed for full credit and only paid none to partial monies. No fund can last like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Where are all those Hoffaites that claimed this was all TDU spin? For 10 years H refused to address this issue and was hoping that it wouldn't come until after the election next year.

Will see an $1,800 cut to a pension to $1,200.

Imagine one month your monthly pension is $3000 and next month it's $1200.

That is severe.

Where are wide and lead?

Shouldn't they be blaming this on TDU, or T.S. or R.C. by now?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This thread's logical progression is discussion on the actual results

This thread has been closed to maintain a single discussion on the actual results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.