CEO Carol Tomé was an outsider hired to whip UPS into shape for the age of e-commerce. Some insiders and lifers worry she’s killing the company.

DiadesSuk

But yet somehow we were profitable and efficient when the whole operation was on paper.
Efficient is debatable. While box tossers deal with a lot of unnecessary bullcrap, the technology that makes those hubs run makes your job easier. The automation, the scanners, if we were to dump 1million packages at the dock door, you would spend far more time sorting and moving those where they belong than you simply showing up today and walking into your truck..

Technology doesnt start and end with your Diad..

Off the leash

Efficient is debatable. While box tossers deal with a lot of unnecessary bullcrap, the technology that makes those hubs run makes your job easier. The automation, the scanners, if we were to dump 1million packages at the dock door, you would spend far more time sorting and moving those where they belong than you simply showing up today and walking into your truck..

Yeah it was tough chiseling all those stops on my stone tablets.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I wouldn't call it anxiety in some of our cases, but open contempt.
Totally agree. The article called it ""anxiety". Just a milktoast psychological way of downplaying the real animosity present just like it was in 97 after the strike ended. Jam the trucks to the ceiling and lay as many off as possible to make their lame point.
Question is...don't they think this abuse will come back to bite them?

Off the leash

Totally agree. The article called it ""anxiety". Just a milktoast psychological way of downplaying the real animosity present just like it was in 97 after the strike ended. Jam the trucks to the ceiling and lay as many off as possible to make their lame point.
Took awhile to get back to normal abuse in 97

meritocracy

#1 issue right now in my opinion is that the company isn't hiring enough people. I don't care what you need to offer to get people in the door. Just do it. Stop trying to kill your workers and stop trying to offload union work to "management"

Off the leash

And the job doesn’t get done by you!

Whither

Scofflaw
I doubt that institutions can ever learn much. I think UPS may have misread the times (and I certainly hope so). My center's had 3 drivers walk away in the last couple months. Several more are on the edge. Meanwhile they've been firing. And issuing pending suspensions and terminations over call-ins for 6 punches. They're playing with fire ...

Off the leash

I doubt that institutions can ever learn much. I think UPS may have misread the times (and I certainly hope so). My center's had 3 drivers walk away in the last couple months. Several more are on the edge. Meanwhile they've been firing. And issuing pending suspensions and terminations over call-ins for 6 punches. They're playing with fire ...
Yes, they are. Could see another strike in 23. Better hope not. Never good for anyone