CEO Carol Tomé was an outsider hired to whip UPS into shape for the age of e-commerce. Some insiders and lifers worry she’s killing the company.

Off the leash

Yes, they are. Could see another strike in 23. Better hope not. Never good for anyone
Went through it in 97. I was building a house, my stomach was in knots everyday. Thankfully it didn’t last long, but I was shoulder to shoulder with guys that went through the previous strike years earlier that lasted months! Even though it was short there was a lot of hatred afterwards. I saw a driver get in a fistfight with our building manager. He was fired later. Point is no one really wins but every so often it has to happen to get rid of some bad blood.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That might be playing into their hand. Don't go to war with them, learn to prosper under their system.

Value added. Know your worth even if "they" don't.
The war was ramped up in April and it wasn't hourly going to war with them.
With the fear of a strike looming in 23, if this continues, what do you think will happen to the stock price and volume level?
You know the government considers us essential right? Will biden cave to his new left leaning CEO friend and order upsers back to work?
Greed is the banner waving and the stress it's putting on the work groups right now is telling what the future holds.
The new union leadership will have to be on their A game.

DiadesSuk

With the fear of a strike looming in 23, if this continues, what do you think will happen to the stock price and volume level?
You know the government considers us essential right? Will biden cave to his new left leaning CEO friend and order upsers back to work?
Greed is the banner waving and the stress it's putting on the work groups right now is telling what the future holds.
PVD isnt just some crazy logistic idea.. Its a strategy... Since i dont belong to a "local", what happens if you decide to not strike with them? I'm curious. The term union doesnt flow well around my part because we all know the true meaning behind the teamsters. Their legacy doesnt float well with most.

Off the leash

PVD isnt just some crazy logistic idea.. Its a strategy... Since i dont belong to a "local", what happens if you decide to not strike with them? I'm curious. The term union doesnt flow well around my part because we all know the true meaning behind the teamsters. Their legacy doesnt float well with most.
We hang all non union workers first

Non sequitur

We are what is referred to as wage slaves. The money is good but the quality of life not so much.

Burnout is a real thing and corp should cap the drivers hours weekly or at certain times of the year to allow for proper rest.

Now if you are trying to fit in a party lifestyle with the physicality of what you do, good luck after 35ish. Your an athlete that has to bring it everyday.

Premium jobs in this company that are not as strenuous should be contractually set aside for swaybacks after 20 years of field work. There I said it.

DiadesSuk

We hang all non union workers first
Admirable. Welp, if yall decide to strike, best of luck to yall lol.. Its a rough economy out there. If I recall correctly, some of the older guys from Corp said they moved over to the warehouses to fill in back in 97. Id assume that would be the case again. Then UPS would send out emails to those 50k PVD's that were used over the last 2 years and be back up and running in 24 hours. UPS logistics might slow down some but I doubt itll cripple it.

Non sequitur

Admirable. Welp, if yall decide to strike, best of luck to yall lol.. Its a rough economy out there. If I recall correctly, some of the older guys from Corp said they moved over to the warehouses to fill in back in 97. Id assume that would be the case again. Then UPS would send out emails to those 50k PVD's that were used over the last 2 years and be back up and running in 24 hours. UPS logistics might slow down some but I doubt itll cripple it.
Sobering talk but don't poke the bear. Let's get rich together is my motto.

If you're physicality hurting early in your career my advice is to go in another direction.

DiadesSuk

Sobering talk but don't poke the bear. Let's get rich together is my motto.

If you're physicality hurting early in your career my advice is to go in another direction.
Im here to collect a paycheck and go home. I'm all for teamwork until others make it less about the team lol. That said, i have a family to take care of. I'm not putting that at risk for anyone lol.

Off the leash

We’re survivors, don’t worry about us.

Non sequitur

Im here to collect a paycheck and go home. I'm all for teamwork until others make it less about the team lol. That said, i have a family to take care of. I'm not putting that at risk for anyone lol.
This place is just like highschool. If you care your labeled a suck up or sucker.

You do you and politely thank others for unsolicited advice.

Off the leash

We are what is referred to as wage slaves. The money is good but the quality of life not so much.

Burnout is a real thing and corp should cap the drivers hours weekly or at certain times of the year to allow for proper rest.

Now if you are trying to fit in a party lifestyle with the physicality of what you do, good luck after 35ish. Your an athlete that has to bring it everyday.

Premium jobs in this company that are not as strenuous should be contractually set aside for swaybacks after 20 years of field work. There I said it.
Well said

Off the leash

This place is just like highschool. If you care your labeled a suck up or sucker.

You do you and politely thank others for unsolicited advice.
Depends on the team you play for. If your a strong union guy then management targets you, if you just want to stay neutral then your a management stooge. Unfortunately you have to pick a side, your choice. Not for the faint of heart

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If UPS employees just viewed their jobs as a means to an end and laughed all the way to the bank , they would be much happier.

It took me about 15 years in to understand this. An old timer explained it to me and after that I was much happier the last 7-8 years of my career.

No matter how bad you think this job is , it's much better than most ( most ) of the non union jobs out there.