Chance of coming back

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I worked here for two years as package handler. Was in the union.
I abandoned job and just stopped showing up.
Eventually got letter saying I was terminated.
What chances do I have of getting hired at another building?
Las vegas bookies have at 100 to 1.....

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Make sure you're vaccinated or Hoffa will break your kneecaps with a lead pipe.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I put it at 0.0

UnionStrong

UPS usually puts people like you on a no-rehire list for just this reason. The supervisor that did this is usually the only person that can change this status. You can apply at another building with a different email address and you might get an interview. But when they enter your social security number your previous status is going to come up. Maybe they are short enough to give you another try.
It shows real dedication to the job when you just walk away without a word. You’d be at the top of my rehire list! 😂😂😂😂

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

just would like to be a warehouse grunt for another year.

If they wanted me to stay they could have reached out. A text message would have been nice.

They sent you a Article 16.2 letter with a date and time, to provide documentation for your absence.

You failed to do that. Seriously.... they could have sent you a text ? Why not have the guts to just tell them ?

And now, you want to back to work for another year.... just to not show up again ?

Go away.

boxdawg

Come back like you left. Just walk in one day and grab your old DIAD and go about your day like normal.

I actually had a dream last night that I did this.
I dreamed I showed up at 3:30 for preload and I asked my sup if he had any work for me. He just said "not today man" and I turned around and went home. All the other loaders pretended like they didn't know me.
It reminds me of when I used to show up every morning and take the layoff and leave, except this time I was asking for work instead of no work.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
over-here-here.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Come back like you left. Just walk in one day and grab your old DIAD and go about your day like normal.
That’s what I do. I got fired like 5 years ago but I keep coming in dressed out and they just keep throwing keys at me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

UnionStrong

I don't know I was just tired of it.
I didn't even mean to quit. I called out on a Monday and a Tuesday and then just never went back. It just kind of happened.
I couldn’t stop drinking

Eventually I would just not show up again but they would get a solid year out of me first.