Changes You'd Like To See AT UPS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You probably never saw it but when UPS increased the weight limit to 150 pounds they were supposed to provide collapsible rollers that could be stored against the shelf and used to unload heavy packages. There were only a couple floating around and just for show because they quietly disappeared.
We had those rollers installed in every vehicle back then. They were takin out of every vehicle shortly thereafter.

Ms.PacMan

image.jpg

This would be alright to use. The copy/printer guys use them to unload and haul around Xerox machines. Smaller but like a collapsible gurney - pulls right off the back of the vehicle fully loaded.

Pimped out with inflatable tires of course!

Wilson

View attachment 54339
This would be alright to use. The copy/printer guys use them to unload and haul around Xerox machines. Smaller but like a collapsible gurney - pulls right off the back of the vehicle fully loaded.

Pimped out with inflatable tires of course!
Negative. I need a sturdy ramp to unload this "stuff" not a glorified hand truck.

HardknocksUPSer

My first would be a ramp at the back of the Package Car like they have on those Uhaul trucks. With the size and weight of the package getting bigger we need a little help here.

ramp-5-alt.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Uhaul-Ramp.jpg

BTW, spare us all the sarcasm. We all know UPS isn't going to be everything to everyone all the time.
Weren't you trained to position the hand trucks against the back bumper and roll the package onto the hand trucks supported by the bumper?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ramps are the only thing folks can come up with that need to be changed? Guess life ain't so bad at Brown that everyone makes it out to be?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We were allowed to chain and padlock out hand carts so they wouldn't wander off but that changed to us not being allowed to do so. Always a couple of carts short of what the center needed so it was steal from a car in the shop or parked outside.
Go to the mall. I went there last weekend and saw 1 of our carts being used by a Macy's employee

Pooter

I would like the load quality to increase.

Give the poor loader some more time so they don't completely rush and throw things in. Makes or breaks my day.

My time study is based on the truck being stop for stop loaded :D