Changing job within hub? Is there a list out there? Who to talk to?

tacoeater

I've been a part-time sorter for 10 years. It's great. I get along with everyone and made lots of friends. But I'm getting another physically intense job, and for more pay. I can handle both. While I'd like to leave UPS. I am in need of the health insurance.

So in the mean time, I want a lighter job. I see a lot of people doing light jobs. There are people who scan passing boxes that come out of the unload truck. Some of them appear to just stare at them. Same with the man that scans irreg packages. How do you get that? There's also the guys that drive the irreg cars. Then there's the high value people. Lastly, the small sort workers. I haven't been to any other part of the building.

Is there a list out there and anyone I can talk to about it? Thanks!

542thruNthru

I've been a part-time sorter for 10 years. It's great. I get along with everyone and made lots of friends. But I'm getting another physically intense job, and for more pay. I can handle both. While I'd like to leave UPS. I am in need of the health insurance.

So in the mean time, I want a lighter job. I see a lot of people doing light jobs. There are people who scan passing boxes that come out of the unload truck. Some of them appear to just stare at them. Same with the man that scans irreg packages. How do you get that? There's also the guys that drive the irreg cars. Then there's the high value people. Lastly, the small sort workers. I haven't been to any other part of the building.

Screenshot_20190509-211909_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

10 years... try picking up a contract and opening it.

SMH

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
At my hub, if there’s an open spot somewhere, they will either put the bid list out by the guard shack or on the bid computer. Put your name on one of those lists (or both) and cross your fingers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Get ya some knee pads and some chapstick

You’ll be a greeter at the front door before you know it

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I can’t believe “ car washer” is a preferred job at UPS , I know some of them make as much as a full time driver but still , “ UPS package car professional detailer “ sounds way better