Changing my route for peak.

oldngray

nowhere special
Mall routes can be great during peak but since they are easy to learn it is easier to let a new driver deliver there and have a more experienced driver deliver apartments. Sucks but UPS is allowed to do that.

Dave312

No. I'm here asking if there is anything I can do. I don't know all the ins and outs just the few things that have happened to me in the past

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No. I'm here asking if there is anything I can do. I don't know all the ins and outs just the few things that have happened to me in the past

Is it your bid route? That will make some difference. But, honestly they can (and do) destroy routes at peak to put the best drivers in the places where it will most benefit UPS.

Between deliveries and pickups (I assume they will pull your pickups too), that change may constitute a greater than 50% change in your route. I'd talk to management, and if they give you the run around, go speak with your steward and just discuss it with him before actually filing the grievance.

Dave312

Is it your bid route? That will make some difference. But, honestly they can (and do) destroy routes at peak to put the best drivers in the places where it will most benefit UPS.

Between deliveries and pickups (I assume they will pull your pickups too), that change may constitute a greater than 50% change in your route. I'd talk to management, and if they give you the run around, go speak with your steward and just discuss it with him before actually filing the grievance.
Correct. It is my BID route and I do have 26 pick ups as well

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Correct. It is my BID route and I do have 26 pick ups as well

Then yes, you should be able to grieve it. With it being peak they may (probably will) say there's nothing they can/will do, but if you have a good enough steward you might get your way. Make sure you still swing by the mall to flirt/grab any tips due to you for being the man all year