Changing my route for peak.

wayfair

swollen member
Not sure what supplement you are covered by, but I'm assuming your language is probably similar to the Southwest Package Rider, which says,

"When a driver’s assigned delivery area is permanently changed by
fifty percent (50%) or more of its delivery stops, said driver shall
have the right to follow the major portion of the original delivery
area. When more than one (1) driver’s delivery area is affected,
those affected drivers shall be afforded the opportunity amongst
themselves to bid the areas affected in accordance with their seniority."

So, according to what you said earlier, you started with 100-110 stops. You lost 40 mall stops, and gained about (40 stops?) from another route. The 50% factors in not just what you lost, but also what you gained (from another route).

That being said, it sounds like the majority of your delivery area is outside mall work (60-70 stops), which would mean, even though your route has changed by over 50%, you have followed "the major portion of the original delivery area."

They kept you with the majority of your delivery stops, it's just not the part that you want, which is unfortunate.

I suggest talking to management calmly and explain why it is in their interest to have you at the mall as opposed to another person. Tell them it is safer to have you there, because you are accustomed to the environment, know how to manage walking through the mall with that many people, blah blah blah. If they say no, try talking to a steward. They can, from time to time, get management to do things, even though there is no contract violation.

Best of luck to you.

Don't the 26 pickup accounts add to his 50%??

10 point

You can also remind your mall customers that there's an 800 number they need to call when their deliveries and pickups are late (or too early) and dragged thru the front door (versus rear service doors) and I'm sure that adding the statement "Where is our normal driver Dave? The new driver is always late and they're brushing against our floor inventory and putting our customers at risk with their cart, etc". Customers calling in on a DAILY basis will add credibility to your complaint. Having your customers call in often will also drive the office management nuts this time of year.

Kush

My first week driving by myself they gave me a mall route..they say I am safe but just need to work on getting my savers off in time is there away around the savers they are business savers...the savers are like doctors etc

Kush

Usually I hit 8 for everything but someone tipped me and said hit 1..how much trouble can I get or is it likely they will check

oldngray

nowhere special
Usually I hit 8 for everything but someone tipped me and said hit 1..how much trouble can I get or is it likely they will check

Bad idea. 1 tags it as a residential creating an extra charge for the shipper. Sometimes it doesn't get noticed but eventually you would get burned for trying.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You may get away with it once or twice but rest assured every thing we do will show up on a report some where. They could probably tell when you stop to use a bathroom.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My first week driving by myself they gave me a mall route..they say I am safe but just need to work on getting my savers off in time is there away around the savers they are business savers...the savers are like doctors etc
The way around it is, learn to make adjustments on the fly so you get your commit packages off in time.