Changing shifts?

xDELETEDx

Is it possibly? I work at night, but it's just screwed up, horribly understaffed and the volume is way above what it should be. Management is doing nothing about it. I would like to transfer to preload, would I have to put in my two weeks and reapply when a position opens? Is it even possible? I don't want to quit, it's nice having the benefits and paid vacation and all that, but this is just about getting to be more stress than it's worth. Thanks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I thought a bug was crawling across my screen and I tried to brush it off. Where do you guys get these avatars with crawling bugs and roving eyes?

As far as changing shifts, I did that once in my Hub days. I started on the Midnight Sort, and later bid onto the Twilight Sort before I went into driving. We used to put Bid Sheets up for this, I don't know if they still do that.

blue efficacy

Yes there should be a bid sheet up at all times to bid into different shifts. But be careful! Night sort may not seem so bad after doing preload :w00t:

A

Anonymous Gearjammer

Like others stated there should be a bid shift transfer sheet up on the bid board in your building. The sheet here has choices for each shift such as for the pre-load, either unload or loader. I actually started on the pre-load then transfered to the twilight and worked midnight. But remember they have the final say in whether they let you transfer or not usually depends on staffing. I your case you say the midnight is already understaffed, so it may be tough unless the pre-load is equally understaffed. It may help getting to know a few of the pre-load supervisors, find out if they need people, if so maybe they will fight for you to get the transfer to go through. That is the only way I got my transfer to go through, and it took a little time. If there is no bid shift transfer sheet on the bid board in your building try asking someone in H.R. about it. Best of luck.