Chaos and The fight for the marble palace

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'd take it.
I have no problem with those who wouldn't want it, but I'd much rather 3 13's or 4 10's.

I worked a 4 10 schedule before UPS, when I was in school part-time (S-W 5pm-4am). between 1996 and 2001. It wasn't a bad job, until they went to a 5 night week. No one liked it, not a single person of 40 or so on our shift.
several quit.

upschuck

I have no problem with those who wouldn't want it, but I'd much rather 3 13's or 4 10's.

I worked a 4 10 schedule before UPS, when I was in school part-time (S-W 5pm-4am). between 1996 and 2001. It wasn't a bad job, until they went to a 5 night week. No one liked it, not a single person of 40 or so on our shift.
several quit.
People don't like it because of no ot after 8.

anHOURover

Anyone who criticizes 4 10 hour shifts, versus a 5 day week, is a jealous maroon.
@wide load claims that the creation of article 22 jobs and 4 10s are a major concession.
I say brother Carey is a god and may he rip. He was the only one to have the nuts to fight ups. It's been a steep down hill since
Thanks for the job brother Carey
FACT

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

several quit.
How much did you make last year?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
@wide load claims that the creation of article 22 jobs and 4 10s are a major concession.
I say brother Carey is a god and may he rip. He was the only one to have the nuts to fight ups. It's been a steep down hill since
Thanks for the job brother Carey
FACT
I have no problem if someone wants five 8 hour shifts. But to me, I'll take three day weekends year-round.

It is moronic to think that five 8's is "better" than four 10. There may be a few exceptions but that's my view.

Also, it's more than easy to go over 10 if you are working 22.3 inside, if you are in a large hub that is near 24 hour operations. And you have some juice. I know as a fact that I could get 12-14 hours right now.. easily.

anHOURover

How much did you make last year?
I made plenty of money at ups but even more on my 3 days off
FACT
YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU DEPEND ON UPS FOR TOO MUCH. YOU AND THE GUY FROM THE BUCKEYE STATE NEED TO START WEARING THE PANTS IN YOUR HOUSES. WANT ME TO SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE ?
FACT

wide load

I have no problem if someone wants five 8 hour shifts. But to me, I'll take three day weekends year-round.

It is moronic to think that five 8's is "better" than four 10. There may be a few exceptions but that's my view.

Also, it's more than easy to go over 10 if you are working 22.3 inside, if you are in a large hub that is near 24 hour operations. And you have some juice. I know as a fact that I could get 12-14 hours right now.. easily.
Do you get OT for the 2 hours or is it straight time?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you are scheduled 10 hours, you work 10. Any hours before, after or in-between 10 are OT. Including 40 per week.

The benefit is a guaranteed 3-day weekend. Or you can probably choose to work on a "5"th punch, because UPS seems pretty short-staffed. :D

wide load

I made plenty of money at ups but even more on my 3 days off
FACT
YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU DEPEND ON UPS FOR TOO MUCH. YOU AND THE GUY FROM THE BUCKEYE STATE NEED TO START WEARING THE PANTS IN YOUR HOUSES. WANT ME TO SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE ?
FACT
Whenever you want to compare W2s raper!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt