Cheryl Crow

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cheryl Crow doesn't have to worry about the amount of 'squares' she uses on her rest room trips because she totally has her head up her :censored2: !!

One square !! C'mon, that's impossible!!

Besides, trees are a renewable resource.

moreluck

golden ticket member
She is espousing that all people use only one sheet per trip to the bathroom. She says it's her idea to fight global warming.

News flash: there'll be some very hot heinies out there !!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Yea but, not everyone has an ass as tiny and bony as hers. Anyone over 85 lbs. would lose one square somewhere up "in there" Must be nice to have lots of money and "yes" people supporting you that you could hatch such an idiotic idea. What's next? A proposal to keep tree-hugging homewreckers from destroying innocent women's marriages?

raceanoncr

An interesting note from talk show host, Bruce Williams when talking about destroying the trees. He says trees are a "crop". Cut down, harvested, replanted. Never thot of it that way.

Sammie

An interesting note from talk show host, Bruce Williams when talking about destroying the trees. He says trees are a "crop". Cut down, harvested, replanted. Never thot of it that way.

Trees were one of our country's very first cash crops. :blush: Sold the lumber to England for shipbuilding and they repay us by comin' after us. Didn't work, though!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The one square was illustrated (well kinda sorta) on the radio. You use one piece to wipe off the finger, and one for under the nail. Truly disgusting piece at lunch time.

over9five

Staff member
"You use one piece to wipe off the finger, and one for under the nail. Truly disgusting piece at lunch time."

Yeah thanks, I'm in the middle of some pizza!

Channahon

You wouldn't think someone with her singing and songwriting talents would make such a stupid comment.

Maybe she can write a song on how to use one square. Since it's so near and dear to her butt.

jlphotog

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

I am very curious to know who will and how it will be policed.

Maybe we will start doing what they do in Thailand at public washrooms. You have to buy the toilet paper from an attendant. That would cover the public places. But what our homes? Toilet cams???

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
... But what [about] our homes? Toilet cams???
Doesn't your supermarket already track what you buy? Soon, the scanners will be set up to deny purchase of more paper than is justified by your food purchases. I hope they take the type of food into consideration. (Otherwise, I will have to give up on "Cracklin' Oat Bran" cereal.)

Perhaps, if Sheryl Crow had made this suggestion 3 weeks before Earth Day we would have understood. And the press would have reported it differently.

tieguy

Banned
I think we could probably help the global warming cause alot more if she would stop traveling all over the country selling herself as a global warming advocate.

raceanoncr

If she's so Al Goreish now, how's come she went and bought her, then, boyfriend, Lance, a GTO and had the "Overhaulin" crew renew it? Why didn't she just melt it down and praise the fact that we didn't have another filthy air polluter on the planet?

Or when the OCC guys built him a chopper? Think of all the resources that were used in the making of these two machines! Let's see...the trees that were used to make the steel...the trees that were used to make their buildings...the trees that were used to make their paint...the trees that were used to...awwww...nevermind! Trees are used for everything, so lets just quit living!!

wkmac

Sheryl is really catching a lot of heat even from the Hollywood types that support "green" approaches who are having comedic field days with the toilet paper idea. So much so that she is now saying publically that it was a joke.

If you want to see 2 Hollywood types who live what they preach but they don't try and force it down peoples throats is Ed Begley Jr. and Darryl Hannah. An example of Daryl's approach: DARYL HANNAH ON BEING OFF-GRIDSolar panels, wind turbines, renewable energy, water - life off-grid

When these 2 talk I always listen because they live it and work on new concepts to pave the way for others. Another was the late Dennis Weaver who like Ed and Darryl lived it to show others it can be done and how instead of telling others to do it while they themselves lived a opposite lifestyle.

And lastly to Ms. Crow,
If you can figure out a way for each of us to only use one square while still giving us the same degree of cleaniness, etc. then I'm all for it. Forget the environmental side for a moment because with a wife and 4 kids, we knock down some trees ourselves on a yearly basis and that Charmin per week ain't cheat. I figure at 1 square a visit per person we could get by for the year about what we now do in a one or 2 week period and the $$$ savings would pay for that Hummer I've always wanted plus the gas money too!

:tongue_sm

"Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!"

Last edited: