Cheryl's disappearance?

S

sendagain

Can someone go check the dungeon in Atlanta, I haven't seen a news article posted in weeks?

M

moreluck

sendagain....if you are referring to the browncafe main page, the top article is a Smart Money article dated Oct. 20th (yesterday).

W

wily_old_vet

sendagain-if you are using mozilla firefox browser I had the same problem. when you go to the news page push down shift while clicking on the page reload icon. It will bring up the new page. If you are using another browser I don't know what to tell you.
biggrin.gif

C

cheryl

sendagain,

I'm still smiling that you thought I might be in the dungeon in Atlanta
icon19.gif

The problem is that your browser is bringing up a version it has cached (stored) on your computer. A quick way to force an update of the page is to do what wily said: hold down the shift key and then click the refresh icon on your browser window.

I'm working on a total site overhaul which will fix this problem but it won't be ready to go live for a couple more weeks. If anyone out there knows how I can code the existing page to force a cache update please let me know. I've tried a couple of fixes which haven't helped at all...

Thank you for your patience
blush2.gif

S

sendagain

Thanks for the info. Nothing seemed to happen; the page is stuck on September 30th. I never had this problem until now

C

cheryl

sendagain,

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience...

With the browncafe front page open in your browser try holding down the ctrl key and then press the f5 key while still holding down the ctrl key.

You can also clear the cache in firefox by going to the "Tools" menu. Choose "Options" in the drop down menu. Then go to the privacy icon on the left side of the window. Click on "cache" and press the "clear" button.