China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't get why Americans feel it's our right to force our beliefs on other cultures. I can understand as far as how women and children are treated, but what people eat? There are other countries that are disgusted that we eat pork or cows. Do you see them trying to force us not to? I love my dog, but if the people want to eat dog, who am I to stop them? It's their culture. It's what they do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't get why Americans feel it's our right to force our beliefs on other cultures. I can understand as far as how women and children are treated, but what people eat? There are other countries that are disgusted that we eat pork or cows. Do you see them trying to force us not to? I love my dog, but if the people want to eat dog, who am I to stop them? It's their culture. It's what they do.
We are the USA! Love it, love it, learn it!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Eating dogs? Disgusting and inhumane!
Advanced societies kick them to the curb and then make an industry out of rounding them up and killing them. Ideally we can use animal rendering processes and feed them to our other pets. Waste not want not!

rickyb

a country's culture is not justification for doing anything one way.

eating meat is one of the top reasons for pollution world wide. and its just wrong. theres no difference between eating your dog and eating any other sentient being. if your gonna eat meat, you might as well and try eating humans.