China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I do. I try not to kill things. I think it's sad that so many people delight in taking life.
I take no delight in taking life, however, animals are here for us to eat. We've been doing it since the beginning of mankind. I don't take delight in people hunting things such as deer, but I also realize it's necessary.

It will be fine

I take no delight in taking life, however, animals are here for us to eat. We've been doing it since the beginning of mankind. I don't take delight in people hunting things such as deer, but I also realize it's necessary.
In our society eating dead animals is a choice one makes mostly based on taste. There is no need to eat animals, you can choose to survive solely on plants. People eat animals because they taste good. This is killing for pleasure. Our culture, as clearly displayed in this thread, has a very nonsensical macho infatuation with killing animals that I find sad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's really not necessary to breed cows and pigs and chickens for food though. When it comes to feeding our population, it's really inefficient. And delicious.....

Deer on the other hand, are like rats. Delicious rats.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In our society eating dead animals is a choice one makes mostly based on taste. There is no need to eat animals, you can choose to survive solely on plants. People eat animals because they taste good. This is killing for pleasure. Our culture, as clearly displayed in this thread, has a very nonsensical macho infatuation with killing animals that I find sad.
They sure do taste good. Just like my steak yesterday did. I actually prefer to eat more vegetables, but sometimes I WANT a good hamburger or a good steak. Thank goodness for those who don't have a problem killing animals, and do it so I can buy the meat in the store. I could kill an animal if it was a survival thing, but fortunately I don't have to.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If dog consumption takes off, we have to change some movie titles. For example:

"Rin Tin in a Tin".

It will be fine

They sure do taste good. Just like my steak yesterday did. I actually prefer to eat more vegetables, but sometimes I WANT a good hamburger or a good steak. Thank goodness for those who don't have a problem killing animals, and do it so I can buy the meat in the store. I could kill an animal if it was a survival thing, but fortunately I don't have to.
You're making an artificial distinction separating yourself from the killing. The animal would not be raised and killed without your financial support. It's the distinction most people make and I understand it, I just wish our culture celebrated preserving life as opposed to taking it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're making an artificial distinction separating yourself from the killing. The animal would not be raised and killed without your financial support. It's the distinction most people make and I understand it, I just wish our culture celebrated preserving life as opposed to taking it.
Whatever it takes for me to not have to kill it and it be available on that foam tray at the store. :)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Pretty soon we'll have vat grown meat, indistinguishable from the real thing.

Any takers?
Damn straight.
No joke, this could be a game changer I have high hopes for cultured meat and what it might mean for our food infrastructure. People eat so much fake food as it is what's the difference.

Now if they can come up with dog flavored synthetic meat we can close this thread down!