China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

What of that, then, will save us?
alot of this stuff is just building consciousness to get ppl to start thinking about doing something because many are not even at that stage yet. the donations is most important thing ive done. @vantexan my true identity is on many youtube videos. i try and live a balanced life an incorporate this stuff into my day to day. if i was allow to wear this stuff at a hospital i would.

rickyb

at work my coworker who told me she eats alot of junk food was eating "peach" yogurt which im assuming was mostly added sugar and not peach. the respiratory therapist made the argument added sugar is glucose. i looked up cspi and it says

"A. We strongly support the mandatory declaration of added sugars on the Nutrition
Facts label.
We strongly support the FDA’s proposal to require a declaration of added sugars on the
label. In 2003–2006, added sugars (sugar, high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), etc.) provided
about 14 percent of total calories for the average American, and 25 percent or more of
calories for over 36 million Americans.2 On average, Americans have consumed between
18 and 23 teaspoons (about 300 to 390 calories worth) of added sugars per day, according
to National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data and United States
Department of Agriculture (USDA) average per-capita loss-adjusted food availability data,
though consumption has declined modestly in the last several years.3,4 Current consumption levels of added sugars can lead to serious health problems. The
higher diets are in added sugars, the lower they are in a variety of vitamins and minerals,
including calcium, vitamin A, iron, and zinc.2 Strong evidence shows that consuming sugar-
sweetened beverages – the largest source of added sugars in Americans’ diets – leads to
weight gain.5 Additionally, sugar-sweetened beverages have been associated with an
increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), type 2 diabetes, the metabolic syndrome,
gout, and dental caries.6,7,8,9 The current Nutrition Facts label does not provide information on the amount of added
sugars in foods, and such information is crucial to help consumers comply with the Dietary
Guidelines for Americans (DGA), 2010’s key recommendation to reduce intake of calories
from added sugars.10 Additionally, consumers may not recognize all of the forms of added
sugar listed in the ingredient label, such as fructose, maltose, sucrose, honey, evaporated
cane juice, and concentrated fruit juice. The FDA’s proposal to require declaration of added
sugars on the Nutrition Facts label is of great public health importance, especially given
that two out of three adults and one out of three children are overweight or obese, more
than one out of three adults now has prediabetes, and an estimated one out of three adults

Page 4

will have diabetes by 2050.11,12,13 On the other hand, people should be consuming more
naturally occurring sugars, which come mostly from fruit and dairy products and are
associated with a wide variety of micronutrients. "

you think thats air youre breathing - the matrix

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
This is actually pretty rare in China. Rural areas that do this. Not very common-from what I’ve heard
Another stupid, ignorant comment. I have traveled CN through at least 4 large metro cities (not including HK) and dog meat is served in many many places, both street food and restaurants.