China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

Are you suggesting that Christians are hypocrites unless they support those stupid protests?

Please stop saying things like this.

You don’t get to tell any of the Christians here that they aren’t “real” Christians just because they don’t follow your protest driven lifestyle.
stuff like what? quote me.

am i allowed to debate religion like other BC members or not?

rickyb

The post I quoted was not acceptable.

You don’t get to tell members here they aren’t real Christians if they don’t support protests.
i am talking about the "christians" in my church and brownblob debated me on it. you can quote me calling brownblob not a real chrisitian or whatever you said.

and thats freedom of speech. what rule am i violating? people accuse me of not being religious on here all the time. thats not a violation.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
i am talking about the "christians" in my church and brownblob debated me on it. you can quote me calling brownblob not a real chrisitian or whatever you said.

and thats freedom of speech. what rule am i violating? people accuse me of not being religious on here all the time. thats not a violation.
You don’t have freedom of speech on a private forum.

You implied true Christians needed to support protests.

There are many Christians on this site, and many of those that do not support protests.

rickyb

You don’t have freedom of speech on a private forum.

You implied true Christians needed to support protests.

There are many Christians on this site, and many of those that do not support protests.
i followed the rules unless theres a separate set of rules for different members.

my quote "how many of them went to the israeli genocide protest? probably less than 1%" is not in violation of the rules obviously

we are allowed to debate religion.

Thebrownblob

i followed the rules unless theres a separate set of rules for different members.

my quote "how many of them went to the israeli genocide protest? probably less than 1%" is not in violation of the rules obviously

we are allowed to debate religion.
You’re not debating you’re mocking, fine with me, but I’m just pointing out You don’t have any debate because you don’t believe in it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

1704136567145.png

rickyb

"As your constituent, I urge you to vote “No” on S. 1957 The Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act.

The U.S. Senate should support the evidence-based process for improving nutrition through federal child nutrition programs, such as school meals, based upon the findings of independent reviewers and the scientific community—not special interests.

S. 1957 disregards the guidance of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans at the behest of a powerful special interest group – a dangerous precedent that could have catastrophic implications for the healthfulness of school meals and the integrity of school nutrition standards.

This bill would allow schools to serve whole milk, contrary to the recommendations of the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, the American Heart Association, and the American College of Cardiology. These health authorities recommend low-fat or fat-free milk starting at age 2 to achieve a heart-healthy, nutrient-rich diet that limits saturated fat to less than 10 percent of calories. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, a cause of heart disease. Between 78 and 88 percent of school-age children’s diets already exceed the recommended limit of saturated fat.

School meals must remain healthy and help kids get the nutrition they need. To be clear, schools already must provide milk at breakfast and lunch, but they only offer varieties—fat-free and low-fat—with lower amounts of saturated fat.

Rather than legislating the nutrition standards outside of Child Nutrition Reauthorization, Congress should focus on opportunities to increase access to school meals (and by extension, milk). S.1568, the Universal School Meals Program Act of 2023, would help more kids have access to milk at school. I urge you to please leave the nutrition standards to the USDA, and instead, cosponsor these bills.

S. 1957 puts the dairy industry’s interests before the health of students. I again ask you to consider our children’s health above all and vote against the Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act."

vantexan

"As your constituent, I urge you to vote “No” on S. 1957 The Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act.

The U.S. Senate should support the evidence-based process for improving nutrition through federal child nutrition programs, such as school meals, based upon the findings of independent reviewers and the scientific community—not special interests.

S. 1957 disregards the guidance of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans at the behest of a powerful special interest group – a dangerous precedent that could have catastrophic implications for the healthfulness of school meals and the integrity of school nutrition standards.

This bill would allow schools to serve whole milk, contrary to the recommendations of the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, the American Heart Association, and the American College of Cardiology. These health authorities recommend low-fat or fat-free milk starting at age 2 to achieve a heart-healthy, nutrient-rich diet that limits saturated fat to less than 10 percent of calories. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, a cause of heart disease. Between 78 and 88 percent of school-age children’s diets already exceed the recommended limit of saturated fat.

School meals must remain healthy and help kids get the nutrition they need. To be clear, schools already must provide milk at breakfast and lunch, but they only offer varieties—fat-free and low-fat—with lower amounts of saturated fat.

Rather than legislating the nutrition standards outside of Child Nutrition Reauthorization, Congress should focus on opportunities to increase access to school meals (and by extension, milk). S.1568, the Universal School Meals Program Act of 2023, would help more kids have access to milk at school. I urge you to please leave the nutrition standards to the USDA, and instead, cosponsor these bills.

S. 1957 puts the dairy industry’s interests before the health of students. I again ask you to consider our children’s health above all and vote against the Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act."

Big Dairy? Should combine it with the climate change bill and call it Big Dairy-Air.