Christmas holiday pay

supercool

Were we supposed to get holiday pay for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, or just Christmas Day? I only got one day of holiday pay on my paycheck for today. Is this incorrect or am I nuts?

R

Razorback

You are nuts (You said it). Christmas day is the only paid holiday in December. If you were off on Christmas Eve it would have been an unpaid layoff day.

A

Anonymous GearJammer

No, it is correct, Christmas Eve is not and most likely will never be a company holiday.

supercool

It's odd that we'd get the day after Thanksgiving off, paid, but not Christmas Eve, especially when it's a day we don't work...

brownrodster

It's odd that we'd get the day after Thanksgiving off, paid, but not Christmas Eve, especially when it's a day we don't work...

I worked a full day. I worked more than a full day. Almost 12 hours on christmas eve.

If you did not work it's because you were layed off due to lack of work. If you are a part timer on an evening sort you were layed off because there were no pickups on christmas eve. Our evening pt shift just had the bare minimum people.

raceanoncr

What contract supplement you under? You DO have a contract don't you? You DO look at the contract don't you?

In the Central Region Supplemental Agreement, Art 15-HOLIDAYS, it states: "A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the following eight (8) named holidays-New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve..."

Check your local supplement and other local agreements.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Im pretty new to the forum but not to the job I am a p/t preload employee in upstate NY and Christmas Eve was a work day for me it was full staff the evening local sort was off due to early pick up times the day after Christmas was a skeleton crew if you perfer to call it that it was based on a senority sign up list all others that didn't make the cut off were put on 1 day lay off due to lack of work we only ran air (mainly 2nd Day) so the only way I would see you being paid for Christmas Eve without working was to use a sick day which more than likely wouldn'y fly either due to it still being peak.