Church & State

wkmac

This happened across the BIG pond but still funny. Does Pastafarianism come with Marinara sauce?

At least when they eat their god at the communion meal, it should be good eatin'!
196261.jpg
196261.jpg

wkmac

Religious liberty is guaranteed by the Constitution, and nowhere should it be protected more vigorously than during funerals at our national cemeteries. After all, many of the service members buried in those cemeteries gave up their lives to defend this country’s freedoms.
But at Houston National Cemetery — second in size only to Arlington National Cemetery — there are disturbing reports that religious expression is being silenced.
In May, cemetery officials said ministers had to submit their prayers for prior approval. One minister who did so was told his prayer was not “inclusive” enough, and that it should not make reference to his particular faith. Bizarrely, the Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington supported the unconstitutional order to change the prayer.

Censorship at Military Funerals

wkmac

[video=youtube;xwBqGpQ1RDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBqGpQ1RDU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Project Reason's 2010' Grand Prize video award winner.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How can it be that God or Jesus can't be said at military funerals when the Commander in Chump just closed his speech Monday night with God bless you and God bless America.

It's a funeral with a priest or rev. officiating (usually) and they are certainly going to mention God, Lord or Jesus or something similiar.

If a funeral attendee sneezes, they are gonna hear God Bless You! Everybody's funeral can be whatever way they want it to be and if you want to say Jesus, 25 times, then just do it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nto-ban-christian-prayers-at/?test=latestnews

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
just a small correction needed.

Your corrections are not appreciated!

Well, Mr. Spelling Bee Champ....at least spell it correctly (BOEHNER) and don't be changing my words inside of MY quotes. Start your own posts with your own ideas and don't smear mine!!

wkmac

Air Force Uses Bible To Justify Launching Nukes
Posted by Laurence Vance on July 27, 2011 06:50 PM

I will try to write something in more detail about this later, but it has recently come out that the Air Force has been training missile officers about the morals and ethics of launching nuclear weapons by citing just war theory and passages from the Bible. So, since Abraham organized an "army" to rescue his nephew Lot, then U.S. soldiers should have no qualms about launching nukes. That is the logic that an Air Force chaplain is using at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

Just as Obama gave new meaning to the word Peace, seems the Air Force eg The State is trying to re-define the idea of the "Prince of Peace"!

Using "The Church" to justify the power of "The State." But then ain't that really always been the case anyway?
:wink2: