Churches Judging Joel Osteen "On Topic Only"

F

Frankie's Friend

Well I have been to them in Houston. Maybe I was there on an off day.
They say "if you find the perfect church (assembly) dont join it because you'll ruin it"

Heck, Paul had to rebuke Peter for cowering and compromising.

I will say that only I am accountable for my words and actions. That in itself is a grave enough issue without judging someone else's eternal destination and I fail in that area every day because it's hard to turn the other cheek and forgive abusive people. At the least, for me it is.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They say "if you find the perfect church (assembly) dont join it because you'll ruin it"

I will say that only I am accountable for my words and actions. That in itself is a grave enough issue without judging someone else's eternal destination and I fail in that area every day because it's hard to turn the other cheek and forgive abusive people. At the least, for me it is.
I agree.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I attend an Evangelical Christian church and I am troubled by some of the comments that I hear about Joel Osteen.

I hear really bad un-Christian like statements about him that just has not been my experience. I really like him and view his ministry as a solid Christian ministry.

Some of the negative comments even come from the Pastor of the church.

Any experiences, thoughts or opinions you'd like to share for discussion?
Gossip much ???????

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're asking for "all the Joel dirt", just like a mensch.
I actually just shared my feelings and started a discussion thread. I no where asked for any such thing.

You are welcomed to join in the discussion.

I recommend you keep your comments to your own feelings, thoughts or opinions about the topic.

Do what you want but I think you might get more out of the discussion if you actually participate in it.

But throw stones if you must.

bbsam

Staff member

They also say that if when in church you feel like a liar, a hypocrite, a thief, and a whore, then you are exactly where you belong with others of your kind. Welcome home.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
14919268-674F-4B5B-912A-5286548C17B5.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

From the Sermon on the Mount...

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. . . . No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matt. 6:19–24)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Saw someone on Facebook bashing Joel Osteen again.

They used the following internet post to do this.

Joel Osteen Reminds Viewers That Opinions Expressed On Program Are His Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Jesus Christ

When trying to substantiate this, (I could not, maybe you can) I ran across this most impressive message.

If you are a Joel Osteen judger or hater I recommend you view with caution. This may challenge some of your preconceived notions.

I like Joel a lot ... he is very positive.
He makes all his money from his books and appearances ... not from the church where he is the pastor.