Churches Judging Joel Osteen "On Topic Only"

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Books and appearances he sells to his church followers
It depends on how you define "church" ...
I reject the idea that he gets money from attendees to the physical church where he is the pastor.
If you are including the TV and Podcast and radio then you are correct.
Do you think Jamey Johnson's fans that buy his records, listen to him on the radio and attend his concerts don't contribute to Jamey's wealth?
I think I smell a hypocrite in here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It depends on how you define "church" ...
I reject the idea that he gets money from attendees to the physical church where he is the pastor.
If you are including the TV and Podcast and radio then you are correct.
Do you think Jamey Johnson's fans that buy his records, listen to him on the radio and attend his concerts don't contribute to Jamey's wealth?
I think I smell a hypocrite in here.
Is Jamey Johnson a pastor? No

Apples to oranges

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
5900FE0D-99BB-4E96-AC75-863A48DF5CD4.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Followers of Christ don’t see their leaders as entertainment

Followers of Christ have only one leader. Anyone claiming to be a leader of the body is an usurper and false teacher.

Matthew 23:8-12

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.