Civil War II: How Do You Want It To End?

Thebrownblob

Andrew Jackson ignored the Supreme Court's ruling concerning the Cherokee. Gold had been found in north Georgia and Jackson decided that the Cherokee had to go. By that point a lot of Cherokee had accepted Christianity and had inter married with whites and lived like whites. They were forced at gunpoint off their land and forced marched to Oklahoma with thousands dying along the way. One of them was an ancestor of mine, a half white Cherokee chief who signed a treaty with the U.S. government along with 5 other chiefs if I remember right. A treaty Jackson violated.
I believe Andrew, Jackson‘s words were “the court has made their ruling now let’s see them enforce it,” and he did as he pleased.

Alexander Hamilton made it clear in the federalist papers that the judicial branch has no power except that which is given to them by the executive branch.

vantexan

I believe Andrew, Jackson‘s words were “the court has made their ruling now let’s see them enforce it,” and he did as he pleased.

Alexander Hamilton made it clear in the federalist papers that the judicial branch has no power except that which is given to them by the executive branch.
But plenty of precedent since then has established the judiciary as a co equal branch of the government.

andrew jackson was way ahead of his time, and this comes from someone that used to despise him

as i've seen first hand the failure of multi-cultural society, i understand precisely why he expelled the cherokee and said to hell with the SC

vantexan

andrew jackson was way ahead of his time, and this comes from someone that used to despise him

as i've seen first hand the failure of multi-cultural society, i understand precisely why he expelled the cherokee and said to hell with the SC
He expelled the Cherokee primarily because he flat out hated Indians. Was an Indian fighter from way back. Wasn't some noble notion on his part to keep the U.S. purely white.

Thebrownblob

He expelled the Cherokee primarily because he flat out hated Indians. Was an Indian fighter from way back. Wasn't some noble notion on his part to keep the U.S. purely white.
Yeah, Andrew Jackson wasn’t really being noble in that particular situation although there were some things he did, I do like, especially fighting against what eventually became the federal reserve. The point I was making was that he challenged the notion that the Supreme Court doesn’t have any authority to do anything other than make a judgment and apparently he was right. By most accounts, he was probably not the most pleasant individual lol.

vantexan

Yeah, Andrew Jackson wasn’t really being noble in that particular situation although there were some things he did, I do like, especially fighting against what eventually became the federal reserve. I was making was that he challenged the notion that the Supreme Court doesn’t have any authority to do anything other than make a judgment and apparently he was right. By most accounts, he was probably not the most pleasant individual lol.
SCOTUS has authority if we recognize its authority. Same with Congress. The House can send criminal referrals over to the DOJ but can't itself arrest anyone. So if you have a partisan DOJ controlled by the other party it makes the House essentially toothless. But they can mess with the DOJ's funding in retaliation.

Thebrownblob

SCOTUS has authority if we recognize its authority. Same with Congress. The House can send criminal referrals over to the DOJ but can't itself arrest anyone. So if you have a partisan DOJ controlled by the other party it makes the House essentially toothless. But they can mess with the DOJ's funding in retaliation.

Just like Andrew Jackson said, the Supreme Court made their ruling now let’s see them enforce it……

Good for Texas, ignoring and nullifying an out-of-control Supreme Court ruling, we do not live by judicial supremacy alone.

vantexan

Just like Andrew Jackson said, the Supreme Court made their ruling now let’s see them enforce it……

Good for Texas, ignoring and nullifying an out-of-control Supreme Court ruling, we do not live by judicial supremacy alone.
I still don't understand Coney-Barrett's reasoning. The Federal government has a responsibility to secure the border and repel invasions. Texas is trying to uphold the Constitution.

Thebrownblob

I still don't understand Coney-Barrett's reasoning. The Federal government has a responsibility to secure the border and repel invasions. Texas is trying to uphold the Constitution.
She appears to be a fraud to me, but this is a beautiful play by Governor Abbott. if Joe Biden wants to do something about it, he’s more than welcome to roll in the tanks and look like a dictator in a election year

vantexan

She appears to be a fraud to me, but this is a beautiful play by Governor Abbott. if Joe Biden wants to do something about it, he’s more than welcome to roll in the tanks and look like a dictator in a election year
She was a highly respected conservative before getting nominated. But maybe hobnobbing in Washington is affecting her.

Box Ox

This is not important according. @newolddude it’s much more important to post nonsense Twitter, or X or whatever it’s called posts

It's amazing how much leftists want illegal immigrants to continue pouring in.

Texas Democrat calls on Biden to seize control of Texas National Guard | The Hill

"Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) is calling on President Biden to take control of the Texas National Guard if the state defies a Supreme Court ruling that allows U.S. Border Patrol officers to take down the border barriers."

Thebrownblob

It's amazing how much leftists want illegal immigrants to continue pouring in.

Texas Democrat calls on Biden to seize control of Texas National Guard | The Hill

"Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) is calling on President Biden to take control of the Texas National Guard if the state defies a Supreme Court ruling that allows U.S. Border Patrol officers to take down the border barriers."

Mr. Castro if Joe Biden does that, it will be the end of his political career and reelection chances……

Box Ox

I have a feeling that has already been thought about or possibly even planned

Might explain why there's not more Democratic urgency regarding the 2024 election if the plan isn't already to have Michelle parachute in and become the new Democratic Presidential candidate sometime between May and August. Biden is clearly out of it so something has to be under strong consideration.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1706189816645.png