Clarence Thomas accepts millions of dollars in gifts from Republican donor

newolddude

FtB6YoGaMAIp4RO

FtB6fBiagAImSuz

bacha29

As has been reported the code of ethics for SCOTUS is lower that it is for lower court judges. But then again, he's Clarence Thomas. He doesn't have to answer to anyone....or so he thinks. Anita Hill's accusations regarding Thomas's past behavior starting to gain a whole lot more credibility.

If being a top of the line legal scholar and juris then there should be zero tolerance of this type of willful noncompliance

newolddude

I don't care who it is. If a liberal justice was vacationing on George Soros' yacht I would want them gone now.

The tentacles of rich money buying influence will destroy this country. From both sides.

vantexan

I don't care who it is. If a liberal justice was vacationing on George Soros' yacht I would want them gone now.

The tentacles of rich money buying influence will destroy this country. From both sides.
Seems fair enough. Nail Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden for selling access to their offices and we'll do the same to Clarence Thomas. Until then bugger off.

vantexan

So what happens when a rich person gives a politician a lot of money? What kind of influence do they exert? If this is the same Indonesian billionaire I recall from 10 or so years ago, he got a lot for his money. Coal was a big issue back then, and there were two places in the world that had a particular kind of coal in large quantities that was much cleaner burning than the kind pulled out of West Virginia. One was in Indonesia, which this Indonesian billionaire controlled. And the other was in Utah, particularly in what is now the Grand Escalante National Monument which the Obama administration created and prohibited mining on. That in spite of howls from the Utah business community who said they didn't ask for it and didn't understand the need to create the monument in the first place. I remember it well. It made that coal in Indonesia that much more valuable. So next time you hear about a major politician taking large sums of money you can expect the donor will get something much more valuable in return.

vantexan

Report said that the accused COULD funnel money into the Obama campaign. Nothing said about whether the accused DID funnel money into campaign. Chum for conspiracy theorists.
Yah, and since you're from coal country I think it was highly suspicious that the one area that would compete with the Indonesian cleaner coal would be declared a national monument that no one asked for. You better hope for Barack's sake they can't prove a connection after a major liberal admitted under oath he was told that giving Obama serious money was going to happen.