Class-action grievance against Integrad.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How'd you become so "well versed" on the board as, on off-the-street hire?
. I'm curious why ups would send a 10 year driver back to a basic new driver school....I have an idea but let's Hear it from the horses mouth before any of us make any assumptions....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Looks like ups and the union has come to an agreement on many of the issues from the grievances that have been filed..maybe sober can fill everybody in on some of the highlights....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

. I'm curious why ups would send a 10 year driver back to a basic new driver school....I have an idea but let's Hear it from the horses mouth before any of us make any assumptions....

They actually sent two of us back to school. It had nothing to do with our job performance.

I had a great time at school. Easiest two weeks I have ever "worked".

Mr. Down Dirty

I went to integrad it was cool but I failed the mock city come back and now my center is not sending driver candidates to integrad but class at our center without the mock city I think this not fair what can I do

mike1646

When I started driving there was no school, no DOK questions to learn.
I went out on a route with an on road for three days and that was it.
My driving test was a drive around the parking lot.

10 point

When I started driving there was no school, no DOK questions to learn.
I went out on a route with an on road for three days and that was it.
My driving test was a drive around the parking lot.
Back then I witnessed that they boiled the frog slowly for some and sometimes they just threw the poor critter into the boiling water without pity.
It helps when people plan ahead.

mike1646

Plus there was no Edd, no automatics, no low step. It was all about service. Now is about speed.
An old school driver might do less stops per hour, might not even know the DOK questions but you won't see misdeliveries or dfus or accidents.
I learned 25 routes blind and was a swing driver for 5 years.

Whargoul

I went to integrad. Set me up in some very nice hotel with catering and I got paid for all my time. They pretty much teach/show you everything on how they want you to do the job by their methods. I thought the whole driver drill stuff I had to bark out while driving around was really dumb. I also want to add that I too had to complete several online courses on my own time as a prerequisite.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are an expert on Goobers aren't you?
Georgia is the home state of goobers ... one was even elected President. Still just a Goober.

jammy peanut.jpg