Classic Country Music for Newbie Fans (On topic and videos only)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can understand that!

Jamey is one of the purest country singers out there today and without a doubt, my favorite country music artist.

"This song is for Country Music lovers, real traditional Country music lovers and every hard working blue collar American, it doesn't matter if your a mechanic, janitor, a farmer..hell you could shovel :censored2:..so no matter what your job is, this song is for the hard working American."

I really wish he would put out a new album.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So refreshing to see musicians stay true to their roots and not sell out.

The background singers are a sellout to "The Nashville Sound" as imposed by Chet Adkins.
As much as I liked Chet as a guitarist, I absolutely loathed him for putrefying Country Music.
Thanks to all the Outlaws that thumbed their noses at Chet ... you couldn't record in Nashville if you didn't comply with Chet's rules ... which were all about making money and not good music.
Rant Over!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Most people associate Trisha with her husband Garth Brooks but she was one my favorite female singers for years before I ever heard of Garth.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's hard to think of Classic Country without throwing in a Gospel song here and there.
Another of the trio of female singers that were popular in the 90's.
Here is Patty Loveless singing with Ricky Skaggs and his band.
She is one helluva Bluegrass singer.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Cute intro and funny as hell video.
You may put a country boy in the city but you can't take the country out of the boy.
NYC Mayor Koch has a cameo in the video.

PS - Ricky Skaggs is quite a photographer!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Glenn Campbell
Publicly shared his journey into the world of Alzheimer's. His journey proves music is Powerful.

When you can't hold on to anything any longer; music holds on to you.

Glenn's journey into nothingness is a country song.

Please forgive reposting.
I messed up and left the powerful visual in utube.