Classic Fedex

Exec32

Had a similar situation many years ago. left a box at the back door on a Methodist preachers parsonage. Called in said he couldn't find it. Drove 60 miles back to the place took him by the hand out to the back porch and pointed to the box. His answer. " We don't go out there for any reason. Could it be Satan? My conclusion The guy became a preacher because he was simply too dumb to do anything else.
Two freaking weeks, woman called about her packages, x calls me says she ain't got them, finally got fed up had my driver go by at his convenience, packages still at front door in clear plastic bags, says she thought it was garbage....

bacha29

Two freaking weeks, woman called about her packages, x calls me says she ain't got them, finally got fed up had my driver go by at his convenience, packages still at front door in clear plastic bags, says she thought it was garbage....
It is amazing how shockingly helpless some people are these days. Some through no reason apparent reason or disability want somebody to take them by the hand and lead them around.

!Retired!

Spoke with my manager yesterday. As I thought, you won't get a letter for ANY 3 OLCC's. IF you get 3 OLCC's for the SAME THING, you CAN get a letter. It depends on what the OLCC's are for and the manager can use his/her discretion.
I remind managers publicly whenever the subject of OLCC's are brought up during workgroup meetings, that the OLCC system should also be used for compliments. Very few managers actually use the OLCC system for this purpose.
My last OLCC was a compliment. I've gotten quite a few in my days. I've also gotten quite a few negative ones also.
My manager will give out the occasional monetary Bravo Zulu in person and not make an announcement, giving the recipient a reward without the others carping about it.
I didn't think they gave those anymore.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Spoke with my manager yesterday. As I thought, you won't get a letter for ANY 3 OLCC's. IF you get 3 OLCC's for the SAME THING, you CAN get a letter. It depends on what the OLCC's are for and the manager can use his/her discretion.

My last OLCC was a compliment. I've gotten quite a few in my days. I've also gotten quite a few negative ones also.

Thanks for clearing it up. I'm pretty sure it used to be 3 for any reason, so they've loosened it up, probably because turnover is so high.

whenIgetthere

I never even knew there were positive OLCC's until I transferred out of my old hell whole, and got one from my new manager at the new station.

El Morado Diablo

I never even knew there were positive OLCC's until I transferred out of my old hell whole, and got one from my new manager at the new station.

My most recent positive OLCC was for having perfect attendance for the year. It irritates the hell out of me that my manager has to talk to me on the sort and ask me to acknowledge it before the end of the day. I didn't know what it was for and the first thing I thought upon reading it was, "Is this the only positive thing you have to say about the way I perform my job? Perfect attendance?" What a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My most recent positive OLCC was for having perfect attendance for the year. It irritates the hell out of me that my manager has to talk to me on the sort and ask me to acknowledge it before the end of the day. I didn't know what it was for and the first thing I thought upon reading it was, "Is this the only positive thing you have to say about the way I perform my job? Perfect attendance?" What a waste of time.

It could have been worse-----he could have handed you one of these:

635914012391207778-trophy.jpg

McFeely

Huge Member
My most recent positive OLCC was for having perfect attendance for the year.

I've gotten the exact same thing from my manager. "Yay you for perfect attendance!"

He never says a damned thing about how I run this route better than the previous couriers, no lates, balancing in my loop, 110% productivity, etc.

Amazingly, people in my station get BZs for "stepping up" and helping out a courier by delivering ONE package out of their area but nothing for the kick-ass couriers who kill their route everyday and make no mistakes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Extreme micromanagement creates the need to document anything and everything. Your story is so typical and "Classic FedEx". You go well above and beyond (why?) only to have it be treated with disdain.

Please use all your sick days. For me, if not for yourself.