classification Question ?

Wolverine

If you are told to pick your vacations with customer counter and you won the bid to cover customer counter then is your classification customer counter?Book says we pick our vacations within our classification.

542thruNthru

If you are told to pick your vacations with customer counter and you won the bid to cover customer counter then is your classification customer counter?Book says we pick our vacations within our classification.

I'm confused why you're asking.

You won a customer counter bid correct? Then were told you had to pick vacation with the other customer counter people. What is the problem?

Do you not want to pick vacation with the other people you work with?

Wolverine

I'm confused why you're asking.

You won a customer counter bid correct? Then were told you had to pick vacation with the other customer counter people. What is the problem?

Do you not want to pick vacation with the other people you work with?
A guy is Retiring at end of month and company is saying I'm classified as a Driver but i pick vacations on customer counter list so i believe i am classified as customer counter which means i get first bid on full time job because you bid it throught classification first then to rest of bldg.Just seeing if anyone else has trouble with their classification

Wolverine

A guy is Retiring at end of month and company is saying I'm classified as a Driver but i pick vacations on customer counter list so i believe i am classified as customer counter which means i get first bid on full time job because you bid it throught classification first then to rest of bldg.Just seeing if anyone else has trouble with their classification
I am a full time driver when not covering for full time customer counter .I have 34 years total with 30 full time at age 52 would like to get my last 3 in on the counter not the truck

upschuck

I am a full time driver when not covering for full time customer counter .I have 34 years total with 30 full time at age 52 would like to get my last 3 in on the counter not the truck
You cover the counter when people are on vacation, so it only makes sense that you pick with the counter, so you'd be available when needed. With that much time in, you should be first to pick.

PT Car Washer

You cover the counter when people are on vacation, so it only makes sense that you pick with the counter, so you'd be available when needed. With that much time in, you should be first to pick.
I cover for AM and PM air drivers when they are on vacation but I don't pick with them. I pick with the PT car washers.

Wolverine

The problem is if i am not classified a customer counter but as a driver than i should pick on driver list which i would get any week vacatio i want but on counter list i only get what the 2 guy ahead of me pick as they have 40 years and 48 years.I think i am customer counter and the job should be mine but if not i at least should get my vactions i want.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you have 34 years company seniority, and the other two people at the CC have 40 and 48, and your seniority dovetails, you'd have the 3rd pick anyway. If you bid in your center, your 34 should have you close to the top of the list anyway. Am I missing something here?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
The driver's vacation list must have several slots available for each week of bid. Sounds like the customer counter only has one slot for each week. Seems ok to me. How hard could it be to cover the customer counter? Sounds like a vacation in itself.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The driver's vacation list must have several slots available for each week of bid. Sounds like the customer counter only has one slot for each week. Seems ok to me. How hard could it be to cover the customer counter? Sounds like a vacation in itself.
The only time it’s not a vacation is if you have to work with @Turdferguson , then it becomes a nightmare. Guy constantly screwing off, making forts out of tape and yelling at people.