CLERK AND CONTROL PACKAGES

F

Frankie's Friend

Okay, I have an idea of what it may be. I bet that I'm not scanning my apartments correctly. There is this lock box and I have to deliver to the apartments office. They order stuff daily at the office as well. Plus I always get like 3-4 apartments in the buildings ordering. Well there is a lock box that I have to punch a code in on a touch screen to unlock each box seperatly. Then pick the size of the box and it will pop open that size. Then scan the package and deliver. I know I'm forgetting to put in the apartment number for one or more of them in the DIAD now that I think about it. I've only seen it done once before. Could that be it? Like a dupilcate stop being scanned seperatly? I've been stop completing for each one is what I've been doing as I go along. That apartment lock box touch screen ask like 4 questions for each one and then I have to look up the name because there are 3 buildings with the same apartment numbers. It's a ton of crap. So in the DIAD I have forgotten to put in the apartment number for each one. Is that the problem? Multiple stop completes for one stop? But there is nothing left on my board at night when I return. Just the turn in and such.
You've got to hold the diad at a 45° angle and then recite the Teamsters creed. Then you can punch out.
Have you tried that?

Steamer

Shouldn't be. Are you prerecording anything?

Are you closing out the control packages and clerk work part? Or just not nothing since you don't have any?
Ah ha! Thank you. That's it most likely. I have been hitting enter on them to the error beep. Then just trying to punch out. I need to big arrow up on them right? I was thinking that the error beep was because there weren't any.

IESucks

Hello,

I completed my work today and the DIAD wouldn't let me PUNCH OUT until I finally put EDD NOT COMPLETE. I turned a package over to the clerk early this morning because when I tried to deliver it yesterday the business had moved across town. I found the address online for them and they corrected it.
Does that sound right EDD NOT COMPLETE because of the switch? My board was clear with all work complete though.

Also what are CONTROL PACKAGES? And what clerk and control packages basically are there that the clerk gets? This is my first week driving for UPS. My 2nd day actually by myself. I got 18.1 packages finished per hour today. But my commercial stops are in a mess of road construction. The previous driver threw a fit about it so I got that part of the route.
Lol. No training ?

F

Frankie's Friend

Ah ha! Thank you. That's it most likely. I have been hitting enter on them to the error beep. Then just trying to punch out. I need to big arrow up on them right? I was thinking that the error beep was because there weren't any.

Thank you. That's it. I was hitting enter then ignoring the error beep because I thought it meant there weren't any.
I think im.getting a headache.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
what clerk and control packages basically are there that the clerk gets?
no such number, no such street, no such person/receiver, moved, not in 3, no money 3, will call, future, refused/cancelled/didn't want, any package that comes up "intercept give to clerk" (they could be a variety of reasons, and all the not in 1s that get automatically sent to an access point. don't bring regular send agains like closed 1 or 2 and like that. when in doubt though, bring it to the clerk. id rather explain to you in person than have to hunt down the package left in your car.

So when I got home I did a little research and found their Facebook page and got their new address for the clerk
now your doing MY job. i have a address data base, google and a phone to use to do exactly that ON THE CLOCK

But I took care of it that night researching it then giving it to the clerk the next morning with their new address instead of a 2nd wasted attempt.
yeah, as a new guy just let your clerk do his job and stick to delivering stuff to the right house. good luck!

Steamer

no such number, no such street, no such person/receiver, moved, not in 3, no money 3, will call, future, refused/cancelled/didn't want, any package that comes up "intercept give to clerk" (they could be a variety of reasons, and all the not in 1s that get automatically sent to an access point. don't bring regular send agains like closed 1 or 2 and like that. when in doubt though, bring it to the clerk. id rather explain to you in person than have to hunt down the package left in your car.

now your doing MY job. i have a address data base, google and a phone to use to do exactly that ON THE CLOCK

yeah, as a new guy just let your clerk do his job and stick to delivering stuff to the right house. good luck!

Thank you.

IESucks

Driver training with a driver. I learned a lot. But how many times do you see a driver punch out in 3 days? 0 really. They don't think to show you how. They just want to go home.
Uh yes. I remember back in 86. Although we didn't have computers. Good luck