Clerk changing oil

drpibb81

I am the night clerk / car washer and I was told last week that I need to check the trucks oil everyday now. Is this part of my job description? This is a small building (14-16 routes normally) but shouldn't this be the mechanics job?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am the night clerk / car washer and I was told last week that I need to check the trucks oil everyday now. Is this part of my job description? This is a small building (14-16 routes normally) but shouldn't this be the mechanics job?
I think they are conveying that the answer is "No", it is not the mechanics job.

You a gurl?

Nimnim

The Nim
My understanding about the car washer position is they were supposed to wash and park the package cars for the preload, but also check the fluid levels(brake, oil, steering, wiper etc. . .) I know many locations don't do it but checking the levels isn't complicated or time consuming, and if the fluids were an issue I'm not sure if they informed the mechanics or just topped them off themselves.

Checking isn't changing though so your post contradicts the thread subject.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My understanding about the car washer position is they were supposed to wash and park the package cars for the preload, but also check the fluid levels(brake, oil, steering, wiper etc. . .) I know many locations don't do it but checking the levels isn't complicated or time consuming, and if the fluids were an issue I'm not sure if they informed the mechanics or just topped them off themselves.

Checking isn't changing though so your post contradicts the thread subject.

Yes, they would top the fluids off, if needed.

wayfair

swollen member
They would top my fluids every night.

So coolant would overflow out of the reservoir everyday and the same customers would tell me I had a leak.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Had this one PC that was always low on oil.
So every time oil was added.
Until a mechanic came along one day to inform the car wash that this PC's oil stick was wrong , it was to short.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Spill oil all over the manifold so it gets stinky as it starts to burn off . That's what they do here.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Should you accept this responsibility, please know it is a simple one, but it can be done wrong. I have lost more than one engine due to the person in charge not wiping the stick before taking a reading.