climate catastrophe

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Are hazard material teams being sent out to contain all the oils leaking from destroyed military equipment ?
Should those fluids enter a natural water source , who knows how much ecological damage could happen.
Unexploded ammunition is also a concern.
Like that picture of the downed aircraft, it had the nuclear warning sign on it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
wilk the stilt talking about it:

Paul Jay

Anyway, there’s a lot of this I don’t get, and I don’t get Putin’s strategy here. It seems to me there was a much wiser course, but I do, at least, condemn Russia for what they’re doing. I condemn any war where working-class kids fight working-class kids so oligarchs can get richer. And first and foremost, I condemn the American oligarchy who do that more than anybody.

Larry Wilkerson

Period. I’m with you on all of that.

Paul Jay

But where this all ends up, I don’t know.

Larry Wilkerson

I got a thing down on my panel down there that Kate Gould from the Friends Committee for National Legislation gave me, and I look at it every day as I go down to my washing machine. Now that I don’t have a wife, I have to wash my own clothes. It says war is not the answer, and then there’s a little arrow, and it says war is still not the answer. It is not the answer today more than it has ever not been the answer in the last five millennia. Today, we will disappear from this planet in less than two generations if we don’t do something really fast and effective.

Paul Jay

About climate.

Larry Wilkerson

Yes. So this business of going to war when we should be going to war, metaphorically speaking against the changing climate, to ameliorate it adapt and ameliorate. This report that’s coming out on 28th February, I think it’s 300 page summary. It’s the only part of the report that’s approved by every country. Every country signs up to it. The technical section in the major body of the report essentially says, and it’s reflected in the summary, but they don’t get as dramatic.

It essentially says you do not really want to live in a 1.5-degree world. You can’t live in a two-plus degree world. And guess what? We’re headed for three or four.

Paul Jay

And no one’s talking about it at all. Now it’s all Ukraine.

I was interested until they started spouting climate change nonsense. These guys are insane. We've past the predicted end of the world from a climate model perspective several times. It's always just a decade away. I guess now we get two generations before we kick it now. In two generations people will be looking back and laughing about how gullible people used to be to get taken in by climate grifters.

rickyb

I was interested until they started spouting climate change nonsense. These guys are insane. We've past the predicted end of the world from a climate model perspective several times. It's always just a decade away. I guess now we get two generations before we kick it now. In two generations people will be looking back and laughing about how gullible people used to be to get taken in by climate grifters.
2 generations from now the kids will b blaming past generations for being passive consumers of info.

The prez gets briefed on global warming by defense agencies. they know wat a big threat it is

oldngray

nowhere special
6124505.jpg

rickyb

Facebook finally has official page on climate change

Guess they figure profits wont b too high if everyones extinct lol