climate catastrophe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
bonus points anyone here who can find a global warming denying older pro snowboarder

I don't know any that still snowboard today that were snowboarding 100 years ago, but if there were any, they'd tell you there wasn't much snow then either. Then we went through a cooling trend that "experts" just knew was the start of the next ice age. Then we started a warming trend for about 20 years, then we cooled for about 20 years, not as warm or cool as the previous trends.

rickyb

I don't know any that still snowboard today that were snowboarding 100 years ago, but if there were any, they'd tell you there wasn't much snow then either. Then we went through a cooling trend that "experts" just knew was the start of the next ice age. Then we started a warming trend for about 20 years, then we cooled for about 20 years, not as warm or cool as the previous trends.
you think were cooling now?

did you find any older snowboarding pros who have found any glaciers that are getting bigger

rickyb

"We’re not perfect. We’ve done some dumb things over the years but that doesn’t mean we can’t be better. Today it should be clear to all snowboarders that if we don’t start making changes in how we live there won’t be snow for us to chase in the near future. The climate is changing, and we can do better. The snowboarding lifestyle isn’t eco-friendly. It never has been. We’ve got to get to the mountains on planes, trains, and automobiles. Chairlifts need energy. Houses need heat. The products we make use resources, create waste, and require transportation. There is an environmental cost to everything humans do. We can never eliminate that, but we can do better. We can create less waste, use less resources, build longer-lasting products and work with people on the front lines of this battle to learn and change what we’ve been doing."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
From my understanding is that the weather is controlled by the rotation of the Earth along its magnetic poles.
So as the poles shift so does the motion of the rotations.
This is caused by massive blobs of molten iron in Earth’s outer core moving about.
Throughout the Earth's history, the poles ( north & south ) have swapped places numerous times.

So my question is how can man claim that Climate Change can be " corrected " ?

rickyb

From my understanding is that the weather is controlled by the rotation of the Earth along its magnetic poles.
So as the poles shift so does the motion of the rotations.
This is caused by massive blobs of molten iron in Earth’s outer core moving about.
Throughout the Earth's history, the poles ( north & south ) have swapped places numerous times.

So my question is how can man claim that Climate Change can be " corrected " ?
i think its based on the PPM which acts to trap the heat.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
you think were cooling now?

did you find any older snowboarding pros who have found any glaciers that are getting bigger

It takes a while for the glaciers to grow back. They got bigger between the 40's through the 80's, so much so experts believed we were entering another ice age. Some glaciers are retreating, some are growing. Antarctica is growing. Greenland is growing. It's all about changing weather patterns. Some glaciers are in areas that are experiencing drought conditions. Droughts can last hundreds of years, completely changing the landscape. It doesn't matter that It's getting colder in the areas of drought. The glaciers can't grow if they aren't getting snowed on. Colder ocean surfaces slows evaporation, which means not as many moisture rich clouds blowing inland to dump precipitation in the mountains.

A squadron of planes from world war II had to make an emergency landing in Greenland. When they went looking for them in the 90's, they were under about 300 ft of ice that built up over 50 years.

Non sequitur

Sea ice in the Arctic Ocean is the highest it’s been in nine years, increasing more than 30% from last year, while the Antarctic’s level is well above normal. Most years the Arctic loses ice, but this year ice extent has increased” more than 77,000 square miles. That’s according to the Ocean and Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility’s High Latitude Processing Center.

The Antarctic interior recorded its coldest April-to-September this year since records began in 1957. According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NSIDC), the average temperature at the US Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station was minus 60.9ºC for the six months. It was also the station’s second coldest winter (June, July and August) on record, with an average seasonal temperature of minus 62.9ºC. This was an extraordinary 3.4ºC below the long-term average (1881-2010) for winter.

rickyb

pretty big disconnect between snowboarding culture and climate collapse.

i see stickers but never for the climate. snowboarding will cease. the snowboard websites are much better

rickyb

Screenshot_20220509-162325_Firefox.jpg