climate catastrophe

Thebrownblob

today i got screwed by my mobile provider.

the govt couldve easily prevented this situation with some regulations

we do need to tax what we dont like. markets dont account for true costs.
Yes government regulations are wonderful and work extremely well……

Said no one ever in the history of the world. 😂

Thebrownblob

No one stopping you from not driving your car, living in a tent and crapping in a bucket or doing the things you think this climate emergency requires, you can write a check today to your government from your bank account out and save the world.

I bet you won’t

rickyb

Yes government regulations are wonderful and work extremely well……

Said no one ever in the history of the world. 😂
look man this is an american thing. reagan tricked everyone when he came to power. i think he might have actually believed it in part which makes him a useful tool. not sure everyone believes this crap like yall do.

rickyb

No one stopping you from not driving your car, living in a tent and crapping in a bucket or doing the things you think this climate emergency requires, you can write a check today to your government from your bank account out and save the world.

I bet you won’t
wheres public transport? its garbage in north america

living in a tent illegal. if they had clean safe affordable camping i would do it. some of my happiest days have been camping in my car

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1656299933971.png

rickyb

in 2030 the world will be 2 degrees C above normal. right now its 1.3. a large portion of it will be uninhabitable.

look out for immigration. with increased immigration your going to get more right wing extremists like fascism. with crazies in power it could lead to war. and collapse. this is 8 years from now. we already have a mild case of a lot of this stuff already happening. this is 8 years from now.

in 15 years from now MIT has predicted civilization will collapse. theres only 1 system. so we will sink together.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
in 2030 the world will be 2 degrees C above normal. right now its 1.3. a large portion of it will be uninhabitable.

look out for immigration. with increased immigration your going to get more right wing extremists like fascism. with crazies in power it could lead to war. and collapse. this is 8 years from now. we already have a mild case of a lot of this stuff already happening. this is 8 years from now.

in 15 years from now MIT has predicted civilization will collapse. theres only 1 system. so we will sink together.
They’re full of :censored2:, like you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What would be the preferred alternative to it?

We've been over this before haven't we? Democracy is terrible, sometimes referred to as a tyranny of the majority. Our system of government is a constitutional republic, which is democratic in nature, but democracy is restrained by recognizing the rights of the individual that can't be abolished by a majority vote. While not perfect, it's a more perfect system than direct democracy. Most of the problems we face come from people not understanding the difference between the two systems, and think we have a democracy. So much so that they point out all the dangers to it, constantly, and unironically.

I assume you knew all that, you just wanted me to type it out for you again. Happy to oblige.

vantexan

Or we could have good governance. Secure borders. Secure food supply. Secure fuel supply. Starts with the right leadership.