climate catastrophe

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We've been over this before haven't we? Democracy is terrible, sometimes referred to as a tyranny of the majority. Our system of government is a constitutional republic, which is democratic in nature, but democracy is restrained by recognizing the rights of the individual that can't be abolished by a majority vote. While not perfect, it's a more perfect system than direct democracy. Most of the problems we face come from people not understanding the difference between the two systems, and think we have a democracy. So much so that they point out all the dangers to it, constantly, and unironically.

I assume you knew all that, you just wanted me to type it out for you again. Happy to oblige.
I’m tired of explaining it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
today i got screwed by my mobile provider.

the govt couldve easily prevented this situation with some regulations

we do need to tax what we dont like. markets dont account for true costs.
SV5w8LxgwLkjk6YG3xULKG-320-80.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
the 200th anniversary of the constitution was celebrated during reagan years i believe. there was a huge cheer.

and then a supreme court justice i believe who was black said what are we celebrating? the constitution allowed slavery LOL blacks were only 3/5ths of a person

Nope, the proper interpretation of the constitution would have ended slavery the second it went into effect. The 3/5 rule was an unconstitutional law. I think some wording and a few rethinks on major parts of the constitution (cough, interstate commerce clause) and we'd be in business.

rickyb

What's normal? What time frame plus or minus a few hundred million years?
was watching a documentary on "knowledge" network. it was sortve propaganda for US empire, but alot of it was former or current US empire guys talking about climate catastrophe.

rickyb

Yes, we already understand that you believe human nature makes humans a threat deserving of being wiped out while pretending to try to save everyone.
isnt this the logic big oil and masters of industry promote?

were saving you with our profitable actions when in reality you will be wiped out by profits.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
isnt this the logic big oil and masters of industry promote?

were saving you with our profitable actions when in reality you will be wiped out by profits.

By you're logic either you are evil just like the big oil masters, or their logic is fine.

Cheap energy is what allowed for population growth to this point. Taking that away is killing people, and reducing population. The questions are whose fault is the elimination of cheap energy, and what are their true motives.