climate catastrophe

Non liberal

im not sure what germany is doing, probably alot of sticking heads in the sand and denial. i know EU is way ahead of north america in terms of cutting carbon emissions. the republicans outright deny it; no other right wing party acts like this in EU.

we wont make it to a couple hundred years from now. we have 2 threats at the present: nukes and climate catastrophe. theres going to be climate migrations when the earth is 2 degrees above normal by 2030, and even more as we hit 3 degrees. they told us to go no hotter than 1.5 degrees which is debatably too hot.

we are a complex civilization. they collapse.
They haven’t cut anything. The evidence that humans are causing climate change is sketchy at best. Besides there is nothing we can do about it. You’re not going to do anything different and neither am I so, drill away.

rickyb

They haven’t cut anything. The evidence that humans are causing climate change is sketchy at best. Besides there is nothing we can do about it. You’re not going to do anything different and neither am I so, drill away.
the evidence is 100% human caused. i try not to buy crap anyways, and im figuring out ways of radicalizing myself more and more to use the force, like for example i have youtube videos where i trash corporations and tell other ppl to rebel and i have more bumper stickers than ever. and hopefully in the future i donate more than ever.

theyve already cut emissions way more than we have. not sure whats going on since NATO crisis.

Non liberal

me inheriting wealth is not capitalism. other systems inherited wealth.

someone inheriting wealth or not being hte difference between them owning a home or not is not a good system of upward mobility.

now back to whether we are acting like a virus or not, rewatch matrix sequels. i agree
But you’re inheriting money made through capitalism

Non liberal

the evidence is 100% human caused. i try not to buy crap anyways, and im figuring out ways of radicalizing myself more and more to use the force, like for example i have youtube videos where i trash corporations and tell other ppl to rebel and i have more bumper stickers than ever. and hopefully in the future i donate more than ever.

theyve already cut emissions way more than we have. not sure whats going on since NATO crisis.
No, they haven’t. They haven’t cut anything. In fact they are getting ready to make a whole lot more then they ever have. The only reason this is a thing is because they are trying get america to cut our emissions so they can make our economy smaller. They have zero evidence that humans cause climate change, zero. If you want to make a difference and your serious, then get rid of your phone, stop working, give up your cushy heated house, etc. if not, then just give it up. Not going to work, it will never work. Whatever course our earths climate is on, it is on and we can’t change it. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to profit from it.

rickyb

No, they haven’t. They haven’t cut anything. In fact they are getting ready to make a whole lot more then they ever have. The only reason this is a thing is because they are trying get america to cut our emissions so they can make our economy smaller. They have zero evidence that humans cause climate change, zero. If you want to make a difference and your serious, then get rid of your phone, stop working, give up your cushy heated house, etc. if not, then just give it up. Not going to work, it will never work. Whatever course our earths climate is on, it is on and we can’t change it. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to profit from it.
you can just google it. they dont make it hard to find the truth. i noticed recently corporations are begging us to do something.

for example one of the major telecoms old slogans for years was "the future is friendly". but now its "lets make the future friendly". they cant self regulate and they know it. they need ppl to rise up to rebel and make a system which is actually sustainable so there will be profits in the future.

Thebrownblob

i havent inherited yet, but i view it like more money more problems first of all, and secondly it doesnt really feel like its mine anyways. having unaffordable housing and inter generational wealth is a bad system.

regarding my own wealth, i donated about $1600 a year and i earned less than $20 for some of the years i worked at union car rental. usually it was automatic from my CC but it was more fun to do lump sum. i think i did $5000 all at once when they had someone matching donations.
Given to charity is the stuff! Give till it hurts

vantexan

Also, if you believe Elon musk, he says the birth rate has been in decline for the last 50yrs. He seems to think we are going to have a population crisis on our hands in the years to come. Which makes sense, if we don’t have enough young workers supporting the older generations…maybe AI will take care of that by that time.
They're already having serious problems with this in Japan and it's starting to affect China. If Chinese factories start competing for workers wages will go up. As will the cost of all those goods we buy.

vantexan

no that will save us. 100% guarantee of collapse if we maintain the status quo. according to MIT it will collapse in 18 years.

times ticking
Imminent collapse has been predicted for decades. Civilization as we know it will definitely collapse if we take away oil. Here's an idea. Instead of forcing us off oil with no viable alternative let's build the infrastructure to electrify everything first. Assuming it's even possible to do.

Non liberal

maybe so maybe not. and its a mixed economy, its not pure capitalism pure markets. its from rising housing prices which are a reflection of rising debts.
you can just google it. they dont make it hard to find the truth. i noticed recently corporations are begging us to do something.

for example one of the major telecoms old slogans for years was "the future is friendly". but now its "lets make the future friendly". they cant self regulate and they know it. they need ppl to rise up to rebel and make a system which is actually sustainable so there will be profits in the future.
Ok, so what if it is true, which It isn’t. Just because you can google it doesn’t make it true. What are we going to do about it? I want all the airplanes stopped immediately if that’s the case. Since they are the biggest polluters on the planet. No more going into space, and shut the electricity off, and no more iPhones, so social media is done, since it’s causing global warming and all.

rickyb

Imminent collapse has been predicted for decades. Civilization as we know it will definitely collapse if we take away oil. Here's an idea. Instead of forcing us off oil with no viable alternative let's build the infrastructure to electrify everything first. Assuming it's even possible to do.
yea al gore, who was terribly corrupt and did nothing while he was in office for climate catastrophe, warned about it decades ago and hes right

we havent built anything bc people havent used their political will power

rickyb

Ok, so what if it is true, which It isn’t. Just because you can google it doesn’t make it true. What are we going to do about it? I want all the airplanes stopped immediately if that’s the case. Since they are the biggest polluters on the planet. No more going into space, and shut the electricity off, and no more iPhones, so social media is done, since it’s causing global warming and all.
just need ppl to demand a better system

iphones could be upgradable if they were twice the size.

private planes are a disaster and we need way more public transport

rickyb

They're already having serious problems with this in Japan and it's starting to affect China. If Chinese factories start competing for workers wages will go up. As will the cost of all those goods we buy.
wrong.

thats called getting a raise; an increased standard of living.

just because wages go up doesnt mean prices will too.

Non liberal

the solutions are out there. we need to demand it as non passive consumers of info, otherwise old establishment like oil and throw away culture will dominate to extinction.
The solutions are not available yet. We need alternate forms of energy. Wind, solar are nowhere near enough to takeover for fossil fuels. Like I said earlier, in a couple of hundred years maybe we will have an alternative, we will have to because oil will be running out by then. Usage will already go down naturally because the population will be declining. So just chill out liberals, the world will be just fine. I mean all the methane from all those huge dinosaurs wasn’t a problem for the climate, but somehow these damn cows are just heating the place up. 🤣