climate catastrophe

Non liberal

No burning oil is unsustainable. the federal govt will b overwhelmed in the next 18 to 30 years. north america way behind eu
What do you think they do? Erect big pyramids and wait for lightning to strike it? That’s why Germany is reinvesting in building more coal fired power plants. Everybody does the same thing bud, we haven’t found a new way to power the infrastructure that we have yet. Now in a couple hundred years from now we might, which is why we should be drilling like a banshee right now.

Non liberal

You know in the immediate future why civilization would collapse don't you? Because oil production is being reduced.
Also, if you believe Elon musk, he says the birth rate has been in decline for the last 50yrs. He seems to think we are going to have a population crisis on our hands in the years to come. Which makes sense, if we don’t have enough young workers supporting the older generations…maybe AI will take care of that by that time.

rickyb

Also, if you believe Elon musk, he says the birth rate has been in decline for the last 50yrs. He seems to think we are going to have a population crisis on our hands in the years to come. Which makes sense, if we don’t have enough young workers supporting the older generations…maybe AI will take care of that by that time.
no technology is not our savior

Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet, or even a whole system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

rickyb

What do you think they do? Erect big pyramids and wait for lightning to strike it? That’s why Germany is reinvesting in building more coal fired power plants. Everybody does the same thing bud, we haven’t found a new way to power the infrastructure that we have yet. Now in a couple hundred years from now we might, which is why we should be drilling like a banshee right now.
im not sure what germany is doing, probably alot of sticking heads in the sand and denial. i know EU is way ahead of north america in terms of cutting carbon emissions. the republicans outright deny it; no other right wing party acts like this in EU.

we wont make it to a couple hundred years from now. we have 2 threats at the present: nukes and climate catastrophe. theres going to be climate migrations when the earth is 2 degrees above normal by 2030, and even more as we hit 3 degrees. they told us to go no hotter than 1.5 degrees which is debatably too hot.

we are a complex civilization. they collapse.

rickyb

You know in the immediate future why civilization would collapse don't you? Because oil production is being reduced.
no that will save us. 100% guarantee of collapse if we maintain the status quo. according to MIT it will collapse in 18 years.

times ticking

Thebrownblob

they complain about generational wealth which im a beneficiary of and am also against. its too feudal.
I agree you should not be receiving that generational wealth please ship it to me first thing Monday morning. What are you some sort of capitalist pig? Dang

rickyb

I agree you should not be receiving that generational wealth please ship it to me first thing Monday morning. What are you some sort of capitalist pig? Dang
me inheriting wealth is not capitalism. other systems inherited wealth.

someone inheriting wealth or not being hte difference between them owning a home or not is not a good system of upward mobility.

now back to whether we are acting like a virus or not, rewatch matrix sequels. i agree

Thebrownblob

me inheriting wealth is not capitalism. other systems inherited wealth.

someone inheriting wealth or not being hte difference between them owning a home or not is not a good system of upward mobility.

now back to whether we are acting like a virus or not, rewatch matrix sequels. i agree
Oh now you want to keep it? Bogart 😂

rickyb

Oh now you want to keep it? Bogart 😂
i havent inherited yet, but i view it like more money more problems first of all, and secondly it doesnt really feel like its mine anyways. having unaffordable housing and inter generational wealth is a bad system.

regarding my own wealth, i donated about $1600 a year and i earned less than $20 for some of the years i worked at union car rental. usually it was automatic from my CC but it was more fun to do lump sum. i think i did $5000 all at once when they had someone matching donations.