Climate change again

vantexan

their sheep following the herd. Trump won because he was a rule breaker .
The country is super polarized. We know the red and blue States will vote the way they vote. Will Republicans and moderates vote enough in the purple States? The Dems seem absolutely rabid about getting Trump out. Expect them to show up in huge numbers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The country is super polarized. We know the red and blue States will vote the way they vote. Will Republicans and moderates vote enough in the purple States? The Dems seem absolutely rabid about getting Trump out. Expect them to show up in huge numbers.
Some will even vote twice.

rod

Retired 22 years
what date did they give?

Al gore actually made an argument that science supported him and gave a specific timeline.

AOC tried to make the same argument.

your peer review is not going well on this argument
Wasn't the end of the world predicted to be Dec.31st 1999 at midnight also?

newfie

maybe . they're not showing up for the potential candidates

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As little as we know about atmospheric science and climatology, space weather and it's impacts on these (solar lunar cycles, sun spots, max/min solar cycles, etc) has been relatively unknown until more recently. There is a lot more science and work put in on these relatively unknown drivers lately and I suspect it will become a much more prominent player in climate studies, and probably sooner than later.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
As little as we know about atmospheric science and climatology, space weather and it's impacts on these (solar lunar cycles, sun spots, max/min solar cycles, etc) has been relatively unknown until more recently. There is a lot more science and work put in on these relatively unknown drivers lately and I suspect it will become a much more prominent player in climate studies, and probably sooner than later.
I agree except you left out one of the strongest causative factors ... ocean currents.
They change all the time as sea Captains have known for centuries.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I agree except you left out one of the strongest causative factors ... ocean currents.
They change all the time as sea Captains have known for centuries.
Well there are ocean currents on a microscale that shift but in the thermohalinw they tend to be permanent. But we are talking about space weather, so not sure how that applies besides lunar cycle and tides.