Climate change again

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The reason I say this is because the OP got some flak for pointing out an article that, although politically motivated (and a weird site), has merits.

Non sequitur

As little as we know about atmospheric science and climatology, space weather and it's impacts on these (solar lunar cycles, sun spots, max/min solar cycles, etc) has been relatively unknown until more recently. There is a lot more science and work put in on these relatively unknown drivers lately and I suspect it will become a much more prominent player in climate studies, and probably sooner than later.

Your rations are now cut in half

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Well there are ocean currents on a microscale that shift but in the thermohalinw they tend to be permanent. But we are talking about space weather, so not sure how that applies besides lunar cycle and tides.
OK
I thought we were talking about the Climate Change on Earth.
The ocean currents change all the time.
Most people know about El Nino but there are other changes in the ocean currents and they tend to go in cycles.
Ocean currents have significant impact on weather trends over periods of a decade or longer.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OK
I thought we were talking about the Climate Change on Earth.
The ocean currents change all the time.
Most people know about El Nino but there are other changes in the ocean currents and they tend to go in cycles.
Ocean currents have significant impact on weather trends over periods of a decade or longer.
We can go on and on with examples of the different mechanisms like that. How about a 1815 Tambora redux? That'd shake things up for a while.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
..would make for an interesting dystopian sci-fi....year 3297, massive VE9 crater erupts in the PAC NW. Global temperstures cool 10C, up to 15C over the continental U.S. Miami sees it's first sub zero daily highs..

Ironically, all Americans try to border hop into Mexico

Oh yeah.

newfie

I am kind of proud of myself. I have survived so many of these extinction threats

74693220_10157368920340861_3422791461182111744_n.jpg