Clocked out but was being forced to punch back in. (I am a driver)

El Correcto

god is dead
my union rep said its not going to go the route of termination
It’s best to just avoid things like this. Job can get frustrating early on and you can make it hell for yourself doing things like this. You got to get out of your head you will ever leave this job at a decent hour, expect to get screwed every day.

Madgreek

But if did everything by the books, like not getting in a wreck, lying, stealing, etc. To me it just sounds like you let them do this to you too no disrespect. It's not right to let them get away with it
It’s best to just avoid things like this. Job can get frustrating early on and you can make it hell for yourself doing things like this. You got to get out of your head you will ever leave this job at a decent hour, expect to get screwed every day.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I am on the list I just always fear grieving anything because I don't want to be on bad terms with the sups. I like our other two sups just now this one. It sucks man I try hard not to be the bad guy but I guess I gotta
Dude I’m waiting on 8 9.5 grievances. Why give a crap what they think? They are not your friends. I’ll be getting a $3k check here pretty soon just for writing on a piece of paper.

Whither

Scofflaw
You can lose your job over this where I’m at and they will definitely talk to you about it the next day and give you full heads up that they plan to do just that if it ever happens again. Union stewards also back them up and will talk to you after the meeting about it.

Heard of multiple seniority guys just having a bad day and blowing a gasket over being sent to help after making it back to the building. Just try to be a respectful professional and you will have this job for a long time with no going home worrying about losing it.
One of the good things in the Central is our Art 19 Sect 6 language that prohibits the company from sending us back "out onto the street once [we] have returned to the building, after completing [our] full day's work."

I don't know how many times I've been heading back after 7p and seen the green light go off. I stop at the gate and reply to the response-required, "Ope, at the building."

Whither

Scofflaw
but am I in the right tho? If I am punched out and was given no instruction for the whole day till last minute?
If you're called into the office tmrw, and you have no language in your supplement protecting you from being sent back out to work once you've brought it in, you should ask the boss how long you should wait around the center before punching out each day "in case the company needs me?" :lol:

El Correcto

god is dead
But if did everything by the books, like not getting in a wreck, lying, stealing, etc. To me it just sounds like you let them do this to you too no disrespect. It's not right to let them get away with it
They don’t do this to me unless they have to at this point. I don’t have a good relationship with management by any means but we are respectful to each other. Once you get on the 9.5 list, have a bid route with pick up volume like NDA, unless it’s like covid or peak they are going to work with you. Just play it by the book and try to keep a cool head, you’ll save yourself a lot of stress and make a lot of money off these clowns.

Heavy Package

Could charge you with job abandonment and insubordination.

This situation with @Madgreek happened exactly the same to me before. I was punched out, chased down by a ORS, and told to punch back in and work as directed or be written up for job abandonment. Situation was slightly different in that we were backed up due to weather (snow).

My Steward, who is really good, always has the same advice: Unless illegal or unsafe, you are in a stronger position when you work first and file after. I went back out, worked at a safe pace, and filed a harassment grievance against the Sup.

I would advise you to do the same and quit buddyhing to your fellow Union members about this situation. During peak, same thing, I drive 30 mins back to the building when the green light goes off near the hub. I stop the car, it states to go help someone, I turn around and drive 30 mins back out.

This is the easiest job in the world unless you let THEM get to you mentally. Your in Napa, lol, go back out and enjoy the scenery that people pay $1000's everyday to go see and get PAID.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I am on the list I just always fear grieving anything because I don't want to be on bad terms with the sups. I like our other two sups just now this one. It sucks man I try hard not to be the bad guy but I guess I gotta
Stop caring about those other two.

As far as you know they could be making that new one do their dirty work.

Respectfully give them a reason not to like you.

Then they'll move on to someone else.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Rule of thumb where I’m at is if you’re on the clock they own your ass. If you’re already punched out there’s nothing they can do. In my cover days I’d sneak in and quickly do the post trip crap in the board and punch out before even hitting the office door before they snag you. If they didn’t tell you to check in or message before returning to building you’re fine.
Our ORS don’t even talk to us about work when we are off the clock. People have been disciplined for leaving without checking with dispatch first though. I’m in feeders though so the game is a little different.

Saca La

What is it?
Lesson learned

You punched out under eight and lingered around the warehouse when there was still more work to do. Next time, get back to the building, punch out, and leave the building. I dont understand when people crush the route and rush back just to sit in the diad room and hang out.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lesson learned

You punched out under eight and lingered around the warehouse when there was still more work to do. Next time, get back to the building, punch out, and leave the building. I dont understand when people crush the route and rush back just to sit in the diad room and hang out.
Finally…

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
In my local it’s called double dispatch. If you return to the building they can ask you if you want to go back out but you cannot get disciplined for declining.