Closed holiday

browniehound

Hey browniehound, I'm glad you brought up CLO H. We have always been told to use that on a holiday like today. The package doesn't show up on reports as a Sendagain. We have also been told to never sheet a commercial stop as closed during the 12-1300 Lunch Hour, because it is technically a Missed Stop then. But with GPS, are we now sheeting up closed stops from a different location and can this possibly be considered falsifying records?

Hey Scratch,
With the GPS and us sheeting "known closes" when we are not physically at the location, will not send the center manager after me for falsifying records when its on a holiday.

If he sees this happening a lot from the same driver, I think he would pursue disaplinary action, or at least demand an explanation as "why were you at 45 main st. and sheeting a package for 750 main st. as closed?"

I think as long as we can justify what we are doing to the management team they won't hold it against us when our deliveries and GPS locations don't "Jive".
This is how I feel it would be handled at my location, at least.

currahee

We were told to use closed holiday had about 15 businesses closed(school, library, town offices, and misc bus.). We had to preload our send agains set them up for next day.The crappy thing is none on the pkgs sheeted as closed holiday wiil be in our EDD today.

We were (and have been in the past) to NOT record a cloH between 122-1300, so it doesn't really matter if it's considered as missed or not.

Browniehound said"
If he sees this happening a lot from the same driver, I think he would pursue disaplinary action, or at least demand an explanation as "why were you at 45 main st. and sheeting a package for 750 main st. as closed?"
The only time we (WE being at our center) can record a stop as cloH, is on the day of the actual holiday, or with the major holidays such as Christmas and New Years, the day before or after can be included. I have had businesses that were closed for an nationally unrecognized holiday that caused a debate or two. One area I deliver on has a large population of Mennonites, some of their business owners will close on specific days important to them, but I am not allowed to record them as cloH.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One thing I have learned on here is if you have ten different people from 10 different centers, you will get ten different answers. Uniformity at its best. I say the best thing is to do what you are told by your center mgmt. Ask your center manager to clarify at the pcm, so all know what is expected.....

DS

Fenderbender
sheet every single pkg as missed ,cloH is too easy,sheet every pickup as missed,do your pickups and scurry off to Mexico:greedy: