CNN Strike Article

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The one thing that stood out to me was the demand to put a/c in the package cars, new ones going forward is easy to do but to retrofit the existing fleet is not going to be an easy task.

Kits are going to have to be developed for the retrofits for several body and engine combos, all modern engines have ECU controlled A/C so it's going to require atleast reflashing the ECU and body control modules. The kits are going to have to have wiring overlays since our trucks shipped without factory a/c and does not have the wiring in place. May end up needing modules too if the current ones lack the drivers inside of them.

Then who is going to install it, if it gets outsourced that is going to be a big national level grieve since that is our work, however there is no way in hell already overworked UPS shops can handle 100k retrofits.

After all that I think you guys will be disappointed in the results, these things leak air like crazy and no way will it cool the back in an uninsulated box

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The one thing that stood out to me was the demand to put a/c in the package cars, new ones going forward is easy to do but to retrofit the existing fleet is not going to be an easy task.

That's almost exactly what I said in a previous post.

Just like when the company retro-fitted existing pkg cars with the automatic opening bulk head door.

They paid contractors to install them, and used the cheapest version from the supplier.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
That's almost exactly what I said in a previous post.

Just like when the company retro-fitted existing pkg cars with the automatic opening bulk head door.

They paid contractors to install them, and used the cheapest version from the supplier.

Yeah, they would sub it out and deal with possible grieves from us, the company does have a few outs to avoid paying us the OT,

May be some really by the book PMs and strict interpretation of the FED regs on writeups for awhile after that.

Here’s the one from 2018 LOL almost the same article rinse and repeat thank you CNN.
Bunch of no nothing hacks

Screenshot_20220906-103512-433.png

Thebrownblob

If people haven’t figured out yet the media is only out for sensational nonsense regardless who it hurts I don’t know what to tell them. Ignore the news go to your local union halls, start talking to your coworkers, form some unity, give good contract proposals, save money for the possibility. The rest will work itself out.
Trust me brother I've been preaching

Yeah, i was not that worried in 2018 but the conditions are different this time.
As long as Hoffa was an office it was no serious threat of a strike.

If he gained absolutely nothing by allowing the company to have multiple extensions
As a matter of fact him alone is unlimited extensions gave away leverage

Thebrownblob

Yeah, i was not that worried in 2018 but the conditions are different this time.
They certainly are but CNN doesn’t know what those conditions are, and they certainly don’t have any real labor people thinking we’re going on strike before there’s any negotiations. Nothing could possibly be known until the first proposals are submitted between the company and the union. Then we’ll see just how far apart we are.

Thebrownblob

As long as Hoffa was an office it was no serious threat of a strike.

If he gained absolutely nothing by allowing the company to have multiple extensions
As a matter of fact him alone is unlimited extensions gave away leverage
O’Brien is condensing the negotiation period As well, which is smart. The company will have to come with a much better offer upfront because there will not be time for games.

O’Brien is condensing the negotiation period As well, which is smart. The company will have to come with a much better offer upfront because there will not be time for games.
I have no problem with a small extension if they are close

But waiting till April of the following year is not acceptable unless you get something back out of it

If I was in charge the only way I would Grant an extension is that all grievances be immediately settled and no unnecessary discipline or BS warning letters

Thebrownblob

I have no problem with a small extension if they are close

But waiting till April of the following year is not acceptable unless you get something back out of it

If I was in charge the only way I would Grant an extension is that all grievances be immediately settled and no unnecessary discipline or BS warning letters
I like that idea, don’t see UPS doing it though lol
they love unnecessary discipline and BS warning letters