CNN Strike Article

DOK

How the hell are they speculating this so early? They haven’t even begun contract negotiations.

If that estimate on us moving 6% of the nation’s GDP is accurate then a strike would have a pretty significant impact on the economy. Enough to get Biden’s attention. He is already struggling with inflation and lingering supply-chain issues. How he reacts to a Teamsters strike on UPS will be interesting.
Definitely put out by the union to the press, guaranteed. Posturing at its finest.

BrownSnowFlake

This is the face of the man who thinks we’re gonna go on strike. The whole article is based on one quote from him, with publicly available information presented in a biased way to support that thesis. His name is Todd E. Vachon and he’s a labor relations professor at Rutgers.

F3449BDD-30E0-411E-9FA9-222C7E1932BD.jpeg

Thebrownblob

This is the face of the man who thinks we’re gonna go on strike. The whole article is based on one quote from him, with publicly available information presented in a biased way to support that thesis. His name is Todd E. Vachon and he’s a labor relations professor at Rutgers.

View attachment 400080

It’s amazing that he thinks he knows more than even the people who have not even been picked to be on the negotiating committee yet LOL!

Non liberal

How the hell are they speculating this so early? They haven’t even begun contract negotiations.

If that estimate on us moving 6% of the nation’s GDP is accurate then a strike would have a pretty significant impact on the economy. Enough to get Biden’s attention. He is already struggling with inflation and lingering supply-chain issues. How he reacts to a Teamsters strike on UPS will be interesting.
It’s accurate. Watching how ups goes is a pretty good indicator of how the mational economy is going to go.

PT Car Washer

Lol, Sure, he will talk the game, but Biden's loyalty is to big money, not the average working guy-gal.
25% increase in pay for the railroad workers. Teamsters negotiate a two tier delivery driver wage. We should ask the President to help with our negotiations.

Nah
While the Teamsters negotiate more PT minimum wage Union jobs.
The members have to express their displeasure with the officials.

I'm with you there. I always marveled at the fact that the Teamsters spent so much money publishing magazines where they boasted about helping fast food workers, who were not Teamsters, or any union for that matter, picket for $15/hr. But then were unable to get that for their own members.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
25% increase in pay for the railroad workers. Teamsters negotiate a two tier delivery driver wage. We should ask the President to help with our negotiations.
I didn't know Biden was negotiating for the union? If his was,
he screwed the union over because they wanted sick pay more than anything. Why forced on them a contract?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
The one thing that stood out to me was the demand to put a/c in the package cars, new ones going forward is easy to do but to retrofit the existing fleet is not going to be an easy task.

Kits are going to have to be developed for the retrofits for several body and engine combos, all modern engines have ECU controlled A/C so it's going to require atleast reflashing the ECU and body control modules. The kits are going to have to have wiring overlays since our trucks shipped without factory a/c and does not have the wiring in place. May end up needing modules too if the current ones lack the drivers inside of them.

Then who is going to install it, if it gets outsourced that is going to be a big national level grieve since that is our work, however there is no way in hell already overworked UPS shops can handle 100k retrofits.

After all that I think you guys will be disappointed in the results, these things leak air like crazy and no way will it cool the back in an uninsulated box
Totally
I work in the south and do not want it
Open both doors
Going forward it would be great if they could figure out how to vent the back of the car