COD, no shipper name

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ever get one of these? On CODs I've always had the shipper's name on the label, but there is some sketchy company going by "Sweepstakes Clearinghouse" out of Texas whose label just reads "Fulfillment Center" and an Arlington, TX address. The guy was able to bring me a letter from the company letting him know he would have to pay a COD of $28 when his tablet arrived, so I had him make out the check to Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, but wasn't loving it.

I guess this outfit is praying on low income people and telling them they're getting high end electronics and getting $400 vouchers to put toward the price, then they pay like $140 for a $75 generic 9" tablet and then pay $28 COD for shipping (shipping should be about $10).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have delivered these to not so low end people .

Make the check out to "Sweepstakes Clearinghouse".
Well, perhaps not low income, but certainly naive. Click the link above and read their scam letters they send. You'd think the person would realize they didn't enter a $10 million sweepstakes, or that if they truly won something it wouldn't require a purchase.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ever get one of these? On CODs I've always had the shipper's name on the label, but there is some sketchy company going by "Sweepstakes Clearinghouse" out of Texas whose label just reads "Fulfillment Center" and an Arlington, TX address. The guy was able to bring me a letter from the company letting him know he would have to pay a COD of $28 when his tablet arrived, so I had him make out the check to Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, but wasn't loving it.

I guess this outfit is praying on low income people and telling them they're getting high end electronics and getting $400 vouchers to put toward the price, then they pay like $140 for a $75 generic 9" tablet and then pay $28 COD for shipping (shipping should be about $10).

They've been around forever. I used to deliver "high end" sewing machines from them to old ladies in the country. Talked a few out of them, too.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Ever seen those door to door Kirby vacuum scams? My neighbors kid tried selling us one. Don't remember the details, $700 for a $200 vac or something like that

upsmaninmi

Just like the "Amish made" fireplaces that were sold around here. Delivered tons of them, picked 75% of them back up. Complete garbage. The advertisement showed these 100% Amish guys using power tools to construct the fireplaces. Hilarious.

BrownChoice

The Amish have to make money too....... Hahaha. I loved seeing the commercials, then seeing a truckload of them going down the belt... What a hoot

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just like the "Amish made" fireplaces that were sold around here. Delivered tons of them, picked 75% of them back up. Complete garbage. The advertisement showed these 100% Amish guys using power tools to construct the fireplaces. Hilarious.
Ah yes, the genuine "Amish" electric fireplaces. Just like the ones the Amish use in their homes. All you have to do to order one is to log onto the official Amish website or call the official Amish 1-800 number and an Amish operator will take your credit card number and process your order immediately.

Some people are just plain dumb.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

The Amish have to make money too....... Hahaha. I loved seeing the commercials, then seeing a truckload of them going down the belt... What a hoot

Ah yes, the genuine "Amish" electric fireplaces. Just like the ones the Amish use in their homes. All you have to do to order one is to log onto the official Amish website or call the official Amish 1-800 number and an Amish operator will take your credit card number and process your order immediately.

Some people are just plain dumb.
Bet their last name is Yoder.

clean hairy

and, of course, the late night infomercials where no matter the product, the price is $19.95
Of course, they do not tell you how much shipping and handling will be,
BUT WAIT! Theres more! We will send you a second one FREE!
Just pay sperate shipping and handling.
Uhhhh, how many folks fail to realize the 2nd one is not really free?