Code 5 vs Code 6 questions answers and comments

MostHelpNeeded

It says you're guaranteed 8 hours worth of work
I know in the past if you got done before your 8 hours they would always pay that's out the window. So if you get back to the building in less than 8 hours then you have to ask your supervisor what does he want you to do, so you make sure that you get your 8 hours
I don't see where you see 8 hours worth of work? The word work was left out expect where it says as long as work is available. 'Work' is ALWAYS available. If there's a part timer working in your building, be you a 22.4 or RPCD, work is available.

It says 40 hours straight time pay. Pay. PAY. No where does it say I have to correct or alter their dispatch. That is management work.

I don't see where you see 8 hours worth of work? The word work was left out expect where it says as long as work is available. 'Work' is ALWAYS available. If there's a part timer working in your building, be you a 22.4 or RPCD, work is available.

It says 40 hours straight time pay. Pay. PAY. No where does it say I have to correct or alter their dispatch. That is management work.
I'm just telling you what you have to do
If you leave before your 8 hour shift is up you're going to dock you

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
It says you're guaranteed 8 hours worth of work
I know in the past if you got done before your 8 hours they would always pay that's out the window. So if you get back to the building in less than 8 hours then you have to ask your supervisor what does he want you to do, so you make sure that you get your 8 hours
Ease highlight the "OF WORK" that you claim, because i clearly dont read it. I see if you punch in they owe youbqork,, nd if vible means if you dont punch in theybdont owe you 8.

542thruNthru

I'd like to see the actual decision, because I'll bet it did not involve any driver not getting their 8 hour guarantee that asked for it. Still, the codes should never be changed without the driver agreeing to it.
Decision: Based on the facts presented, the Company will comply with Article 57. Specifically regarding an employee's eight (8) hour guarantee. Additionally, the Company is in violation of Article 6 by forcing drivers to sign documents that request their eight (8) hours. The Company will audit the timecards from 6/1/22 - 11/1/22 and present that report to the Local Union by 12/1/22. Any employee who worked less than eight (8) hours will be paid their guarantee. This Committee holds jurisdiction.

Trucker Clock

Decision: Based on the facts presented, the Company will comply with Article 57. Specifically regarding an employee's eight (8) hour guarantee. Additionally, the Company is in violation of Article 6 by forcing drivers to sign documents that request their eight (8) hours. The Company will audit the timecards from 6/1/22 - 11/1/22 and present that report to the Local Union by 12/1/22. Any employee who worked less than eight (8) hours will be paid their guarantee. This Committee holds jurisdiction.

And the Southern is different than the Central. The Southern says 8 hours of pay. The Central says 8 hours of work. That decision should hold up in the Southern. And I didn't think we were ever forced to sign a document requesting our guarantee. We needed to sign requesting code 5 instead of our guarantee.

But I see things changing. I see UPS instructing drivers who have not worked 8 hours to check with management before clocking out.

Thebrownblob

And the Southern is different than the Central. The Southern says 8 hours of pay. The Central says 8 hours of work. That decision should hold up in the Southern. And I didn't think we were ever forced to sign a document requesting our guarantee. We needed to sign requesting code 5 instead of our guarantee.

But I see things changing. I see UPS instructing drivers who have not worked 8 hours to check with management before clocking out.
They’ll just load up the trucks and cut more routes lol

542thruNthru

I was just posting the decision because you asked for it. Yes everywhere has different language though this issue has been building for a while and it need to be fought.

FozziesDeliveries

The thing i always wonder about when this comes up is this.... my center is a bonus center. I HATE being a bonus center i think it encourages bad habits and manipulation from management, i also do not run bonus. So for discusions sake and for me to get some more insight... IF i were to have an 8 hour dispatch and somehow got it done in 7 that means i make bonus but didn't work the 8. If you 05 you dont get bonus and its only straight time. So you are encouraged to make bonus but freaked on if you are under 8......

bumped

No, rpcd and sat and did diad training for 20 minutes instead. Its really just trying to get at the principal of it for me...

I can walk a little slower and follow orion a little to solve the time issue easily but why? Just tell me first thing in the morning hey your only getting paid hours worked and you wont see me until I have the amount of hours I need.
You shouldn't need to be told. Take your lunch between the third and sixth hour. Follow Orion, that's what they want you to do.

GenericUsername

Some of the issue with that decision was drivers working less than 8 and then wanting to be paid 8. Drivers are guaranteed 8 hours of work. Not 7 and a half hours of work, go home, and be paid for 8.
This hurts the bonus centers. I had a 9.5 hour plan yesterday and came in at 7.45. They gave me a paid actual but didn't ask if I wanted extra work to make the 8 hours. I'm obviously going to grieve it, but at the moment I've currently lost out on that 1.5 hours of production bonus.

This hurts the bonus centers. I had a 9.5 hour plan yesterday and came in at 7.45. They gave me a paid actual but didn't ask if I wanted extra work to make the 8 hours. I'm obviously going to grieve it, but at the moment I've currently lost out on that 1.5 hours of production bonus.
3ohfFiWcto1g1Pbleg (1).gif