Cold weather gear?

ibleedbrown

2 long john pants, pants, 2 socks, pants, long john shirt. long sleeve shirt, long sleeve ups shirt, brown hoodie, ups vest, ups beanie, gloves.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
2 long john pants, pants, 2 socks, pants, long john shirt. long sleeve shirt, long sleeve ups shirt, brown hoodie, ups vest, ups beanie, gloves.
Your carrying an extra 20 lbs. , Are you moonlighting as a fireman? Two long john pants is making me sweat as we speak, gotta have some air down there.

ibleedbrown

i accidentally wrote pants twice, its just 2 lightweight long john pants then ups pants. the whole get up is actually very lightweight and mobile wearing that, better than a big bulky jacket and jogging pants some guys wear. the long johns i have are not heavy. i want to get some of those long sleeve under armour shirts, very lightweight and i hear they keep u warm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

actually very lightweight and mobile wearing that, better than a big bulky jacket and jogging pants some guys wear. the long johns i have are not heavy. i want to get some of those long sleeve under armour shirts, very lightweight and i hear they keep u warm.

My son bought me a pair of the UA pants for Christmas several years ago. Best thing since sliced bread---pricey ($50) but well worth it. I treated myself to the UA shirt this past year and generally that is all that I wear under my uniform during the winter. If it gets really cold I will throw a pair of sweats on over the UA pants and a turtle neck under the UA shirt.

nayrsiem

I bought UA base layer last year. I love the top (I wear it nearly every day) but I gave up on the bottoms. There is no fly opening in the stupid things. I switched back to regular thermal bottoms. If the temp is above 15` I usually shed my coat an hour into work. I put it back on when the sun sets.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bought UA base layer last year. I love the top (I wear it nearly every day) but I gave up on the bottoms. There is no fly opening in the stupid things. I switched back to regular thermal bottoms. If the temp is above 15` I usually shed my coat an hour into work. I put it back on when the sun sets.

Yeah, that can be a problem, especially when you really have to go.

You will appreciate this when you turn 50. :)

Foamer Pyle

Well, here in Florida, I break out the pants once or twice, and on those days I wear a Cotten t-shirt under my short sleeve shirt. If it gets real cold, like 35 degrees, I will turn the heater on.

P

pickup

I wear many layers because management doesn't allow me to idle my tractor while I am sleeping at the airport for two hours waiting for the airplane to arrive

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Well, here in Florida, I break out the pants once or twice, and on those days I wear a Cotten t-shirt under my short sleeve shirt. If it gets real cold, like 35 degrees, I will turn the heater on.
When I was a teenager and in my early 20s I loved Florida because of the warmth, but now I dislike Florida due to the humidity. I'd rather be freezing cold than suffer in humidity. California seems to have the ideal weather. 70s most of the year, low humidity. I guess I like the variety of New England weather, but it's always extremes except for those brief few weeks of perfect spring and fall weather.

MassWineGuy

It's hard to find the balance between what works well and not overdressing so that you sweat to death. With layers you can remove and add on as needed. I like the long john bottoms that ice climbers and mountain hikers use. They come in different levels of warmth and I go for the thinner or mid level pair. I can't see how you'll drive wearing pac boots, but there are some good regular looking leather booots around that are waterproof and insulated with Thinsulate.

All the FedEx vehicles have excellent heating and cooling systems.

McGee

It's hard to find the balance between what works well and not overdressing so that you sweat to death. With layers you can remove and add on as needed. I like the long john bottoms that ice climbers and mountain hikers use. They come in different levels of warmth and I go for the thinner or mid level pair. I can't see how you'll drive wearing pac boots, but there are some good regular looking leather booots around that are waterproof and insulated with Thinsulate.

All the FedEx vehicles have excellent heating and cooling systems.
Cooling??!! You guys get air??!! When I worked at a former competitor, None of the step vans had air ( unless you count the air vents you could open to catch air as you were driving, and drive with the side doors open...LOL).

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I wear many layers because management doesn't allow me to idle my tractor while I am sleeping at the airport for two hours waiting for the airplane to arrive
I think you can idle all you want if you log out of the ivis

Coalminer2005

I am prior service military. I wear black silkies that are thin and keep me warm. You can order those through Rangerjoes website. They work great.

Packmule

Just added an Under Armor beanie an UA face mask. Looks like a scuba hood but light. Just tried them out shoveling snow. 20 degrees and 40 mph winds. Half our state's highways are under no travel advisory right now due to blowing snow and zero visibility. Hat and hood seems to work and I don't sweat.

P

pickup

I think you can idle all you want if you log out of the ivis

I heard rumors that they frown upon this. Also, there is a messaging/mailbox component on the ivis that I use to receive and send messages to them. If ivis is shut down, I can't use it.