College degree

BrownArmy

From your 'article':

'College degree holders are already likely to earn more than their degree-less counterparts, but the effects are amplified in certain cities. A new study released by MagnifyMoney found that those with college degrees are more likely to find employment, become homeowners or secure health insurance coverage than their peers elsewhere in these five cities.'

Wow, no sht.

The entire page is an advertisement...it purports to tell you something important, and shows you a bunch of click-ads in the process.

Talk about fake news.

BrownArmy

I'm glad to see a major company going down this path.
Some of the biggest dumbasses I ever met had a Masters Degree.
Definitely some of the smartest people didn't have post-high school degrees but they were autodidacts and knew their business very well.

All well and good, and I agree.

It's sad though that Moreluck is posting an advertisement and calling it news.

moreluck

golden ticket member
All well and good, and I agree.

It's sad though that Moreluck is posting an advertisement and calling it news.
The news story was written between the ad.....can you not read? Didn't they teach you that in your college or did they just teach you how to keep up with the Kardashians?

BrownArmy

The news story was written between the ad.....can you not read? Didn't they teach you that in your college or did they just teach you how to keep up with the Kardashians?

There's no news story, it's boilerplate nonsense attached to advertisements.

You got played.

No wonder Trump got elected.

floridays

I'm glad to see a major company going down this path.
Some of the biggest dumbasses I ever met had a Masters Degree.
Definitely some of the smartest people didn't have post-high school degrees but they were autodidacts and knew their business very well.
Some of the most intelligent and wise I have met were old farmers. They were engineers, and lessons learned from raising crops extrapolated into understanding of the larger culture. Just my experience and opinion. Young farmers, I can't make the same claim.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You call this an ad??!!

While the worth of a bachelor’s degree may have plateaued since 2010 having one is still more valuable in certain U.S. cities compared to others.

College degree holders are already likely to earn more than their degree-less counterparts, but the effects are amplified in certain cities. A new study released by MagnifyMoney found that those with college degrees are more likely to find employment, become homeowners or secure health insurance coverage than their peers elsewhere in these five cities.

San Jose, Calif., topped the list, offering the biggest earnings-and-opportunities boost for people who graduated from a four-year college. In the California tech-hub, where more than half of the population has a bachelor’s degree or higher, the median income was about 83 percent higher than those for non-degree holders.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
AT one time, I worked along sides with 3 lawyers as air drivers. They did the whole thing college, law school, but weren't smart enough to pass the Mass Bar Exam. Two of them did pass the Florida Bar which allowed them to do any legal work except within a court room ( basically just paper pushers; Wills , trusts, signing off on housing mortgages ).

Nolimitz

Well duh! same is true every where.

You call this an ad??!!

While the worth of a bachelor’s degree may have plateaued since 2010 having one is still more valuable in certain U.S. cities compared to others.

College degree holders are already likely to earn more than their degree-less counterparts, but the effects are amplified in certain cities. A new study released by MagnifyMoney found that those with college degrees are more likely to find employment, become homeowners or secure health insurance coverage than their peers elsewhere in these five cities.

San Jose, Calif., topped the list, offering the biggest earnings-and-opportunities boost for people who graduated from a four-year college. In the California tech-hub, where more than half of the population has a bachelor’s degree or higher, the median income was about 83 percent higher than those for non-degree holders.