coming to a center near you...

DOK

We were told at the pcm this morning that starting on Monday, any time a key is hit on the Diad while the truck is moving you will be hit with recording in travel. I asked about what happens when the seatbelt is pressing on the Diad and a button is pushed. The response was, your Diad should not be in your pouch when in the truck.....it should be in the rack. They said its part of the 340 methods. Eventually it will be impossible to do anything right at this job.

Prove to me the system isn't malfunctioning....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Dude , we were told the same thing . I am a cover driver . I have to run a different rt every day ,checking the diad at stop lights was a big help. It's just one more thing to slow us down . Like I rather have a good set up dol then running Orion . If I am running a rt in the blind .

This is when UPS will debut a visual display showing you where your next Orion stop is with turn by turn directions.
Everything here is done for a reason.

honeybadger

Run it in the blind
This is when UPS will debut a visual display showing you where your next Orion stop is with turn by turn directions.
I figured that would be the next thing implemented. But, working at a small podunk terminal like mine we get technology a day late and a dollar short. What's up with management calling Orion the solution anyway? Is that their catch phrase for this damn thing?

Retiree

I figured that would be the next thing implemented. But, working at a small podunk terminal like mine we get technology a day late and a dollar short. What's up with management calling Orion the solution anyway? Is that their catch phrase for this damn thing?

Terminal? You sure you work for UPS? LOL

Hump dump and roll

I thought this also but I would think that having a heads up display on the window would be a distraction and liability if a driver were to get in an accident. I'm curious as to how they are going to implement this so the driver will be completely at fault for any accident that may happen. I'm sure they will try and force us to have to memorize the directions from the board prior to the next stop; just like they want us to know the next five stops.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I thought this also but I would think that having a heads up display on the window would be a distraction and liability if a driver were to get in an accident. I'm curious as to how they are going to implement this so the driver will be completely at fault for any accident that may happen. I'm sure they will try and force us to have to memorize the directions from the board prior to the next stop; just like they want us to know the next five stops.

Technically, looking at the time on your car radio is a distraction.

When the backing cameras were installed, this was also deemed a distraction (especially at night).
You either get used to it or UPS loses money in loss time, accidents, and/or lawsuits and is pulled out.
Either way, UPS deems us "dumb" drivers and we have to do what we're told.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You're suppose to know your next 5 stops anyways. I personally only remember the next 2 and am guilty of picking up the DIAD to doublecheck the next one if I forget. Remember, you don't have to be the best at the report, just better than the worst.

9.5er

I look at the daid often while driving. I'm a cover driver and know all my routes well but not as well as the bid drivers do. I can't remember my next 5 stops. Orion makes it ever harder to do because you never run the routes the same way anymore.

Overpaid Union Thug

I look at the daid often while driving. I'm a cover driver and know all my routes well but not as well as the bid drivers do. I can't remember my next 5 stops. Orion makes it ever harder to do because you never run the routes the same way anymore.
Since we still haven't been instructed that we have to follow ORION I have been using RDO. It's much easier to use and therefore easier to remember several or more stops in advance.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
We were told at the pcm this morning that starting on Monday, any time a key is hit on the Diad while the truck is moving you will be hit with recording in travel. I asked about what happens when the seatbelt is pressing on the Diad and a button is pushed. The response was, your Diad should not be in your pouch when in the truck.....it should be in the rack. They said its part of the 340 methods. Eventually it will be impossible to do anything right at this job.
Slow down.

Do the job exactly how they want.

Just don't be in a rush about it.

If you all slow down, they will end the petty BS crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only time they've said something to me is if you stop complete while in Drive. I've sheeted and released and didn't stop complete until the next stop after driving and nothing happened.

You can do this within a certain time period (less than 5 minutes?) without it showing up on a report.

The DIAD should always be in the rack while the vehicle is in motion.

L

Lizzzow

So what do u mean by driver releasing businesses thru release number? I have t heard of this yet.

kingOFchester

So what do u mean by driver releasing businesses thru release number? I have t heard of this yet.

The brilliant minds above have figured there is a lot of time wasted getting signatures at regular stops. For single package office stops, instead of getting a signature, we are to use the release number option.