Company Store

Phil082

"UPS" Freight Hauler
Well in 48 day the freight haulers will have to comply with UPS dress code standards. I just wanted to know where you can find these world famous socks? Is there a Company Store Link available?

Thanks,
Phil

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
If they haven't already, they should give you access to UPSers.com
if not, the socks come from cintas, you'll have to have your employee # and
all that jazz otherwise you cannot order.

Socks are only required for when you wear shorts, so if your a pant wearing
person, wear whatever you want under there.

wornoutupser

Phil,
Cheryl will not let me post an ad on the site but there is a UPS'er that sells the old gold stripe socks in both crew and quarter length.
If you email me or post a private message, I will reply with the info.
The socks there are much cheaper than the UPS logo ones and they are still legal to wear!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
wornoutupser, if you've got the seller's permission then go ahead and post the info. I don't have a problem supporting an entrepreneurial upser.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wornout,

Please post the sock site. Its getting to be Shorts weather again, time to show some leg! The last time I bought the Cintas cotton socks, the heels starting coming out the second time I wore them. Poor quality for five to six bucks a pair.

Phil082

"UPS" Freight Hauler
Thanks for all the feedback. They have given us UPSers I.D's and it looks like their gearing up for May 1st. alot of us are short wearers and have been looking for lowcut socks and Brown/Black shoes(That are Polishable).

Also, are there any Cyclist in the D/FW area that do the local charity rides?
I was in Weatherford, Tx. last year and ran across a couple on the "Peachpedal" ride that were wearing UPS Jerseys. So I thought it would be good way to get to know some of the other employees of UPS.

Thanks,
Phil

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Phil082---welcome to the family---we will try to not treat you like a red-headed step child......and if you do have red hair.......don't tell anybody on this site or you will never hear the end of it!!

I wanted to point you to EBAY--there is a lot of UPS stuff there--socks and shirts...maybe you can find something there for "Cheap"!!

So what are the feelings at Onite regarding the UPS Aquisition??

wornoutupser

Rico and all others!!

I was waiting to check and make certain that I have permission to post that info, but I hope that Rico's suggestion works.

If you private message me, I will be happy to get the info to you, but I have to be certain that it is OK before I post it!

Wornout

wornoutupser

Here we go!

Bobbysocks
1-800-471-7625
PO Box 1365
Hickory, NC 28603

I just called Daniele at Bobbysocks at 21:06. She was unable to contact the owner but told me that it was OK to post the information.
Bobbysocks is open 24 hours on the phone line also!
They offer the following sizes:

S Fits shoe size 5 to 8
M Fits shoe size 8 to 12
L Fits shoe size 12 and above

They offer crew socks and quarter socks. The socks are 70% Cotton,15% Nylon and 5% Spandex. These are the brown socks with the gold stripe.

The current prices are:

1/2 dozen $12.00
1 dozen $20.00
2 dozen $40.00
Shipping is $5.00 for 1 dozen or less
$6.00 for 2 dozen
$7.00 for 3 dozen
$8.00 for 4 dozen
free for 5 dozen or more
If the order is shipped to a residential address, add $1.00 more for shipping. They accept Visa, Master and Discover.

I hope that I got all of the prices and shipping charges correct, I am a truck driver, not a typist! :-)

Phil082

"UPS" Freight Hauler
WoW!!! They need to remember that we're not Union Paid Employees!:)

The transition so far has been slow but as I can tell the employees of Dallas are fired up about it. However there are a few that aren't to keen on getting a hair cut and spit shining their shoes. But as we all know in time you get use to it.
So I hear there is suppose to be some big shindig for the unveiling of the "Logo" UPS Freight towards the end of April, it would be nice of UPS to invite the employees on the Parcel side that way we could get to know one another. Union-NonUnion I don't see it!!!

Be safe and enjoy your weekend,
Phil

wornoutupser said:
Here we go!

Bobbysocks
1-800-471-7625
PO Box 1365
Hickory, NC 28603

I just called Daniele at Bobbysocks at 21:06. She was unable to contact the owner but told me that it was OK to post the information.
Bobbysocks is open 24 hours on the phone line also!
They offer the following sizes:

S Fits shoe size 5 to 8
M Fits shoe size 8 to 12
L Fits shoe size 12 and above

They offer crew socks and quarter socks. The socks are 70% Cotton,15% Nylon and 5% Spandex. These are the brown socks with the gold stripe.

The current prices are:

1/2 dozen $12.00
1 dozen $20.00
2 dozen $40.00
Shipping is $5.00 for 1 dozen or less
$6.00 for 2 dozen
$7.00 for 3 dozen
$8.00 for 4 dozen
free for 5 dozen or more
If the order is shipped to a residential address, add $1.00 more for shipping. They accept Visa, Master and Discover.

I hope that I got all of the prices and shipping charges correct, I am a truck driver, not a typist! :-)