Confederate Flag at UPS (on topic)

MAKAVELI

Not racist...call it like I see it...sure there are some great people involved in the black lives matter movement...but don’t sit there and tell me these jerks who are vandalizing things and stealing are representing mlk jr.
They aren't representing the BLM movement either. And yes you are racist. You let that be known a while back. It's funny you talk about BLM yet not a peep about the KKK and Neo-Nazis. SMH.......

Box Ox

The Civil War was not just over slavery. You do realize that, right?

But it was largely about slavery. South Carolina, the first state to secede, produced a “Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union” that was full of references to northern states’ hostility toward slavery because they were interfering with the return of fugitive slaves.

Other seceding states echoed the same sentiment.

“Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery — the greatest material interest of the world,” proclaimed Mississippi in its own secession declaration, passed Jan. 9, 1861. “Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of the commerce of the earth. . . . A blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.”

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They aren't representing the BLM movement either. And yes you are racist. You let that be known a while back. It's funny you talk about BLM yet not a peep about the KKK and Neo-Nazis. SMH.......
They all have their own agenda, I don’t like any of these groups, somehow I manage to treat everyone with respect, regardless of their skin or nationality. Much like I’m American first, we’re all human first, treat others how you’d want to be treated should be the slogan of these groups. Unfortunately, each one seems to think their cause is more just than another’s, creating borders instead of breaking them.

Take a group of toddlers and throw them in a room together, they DGAF what color they are playing with, and they can all be little :censored2:s or angels.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
But it was largely about slavery. South Carolina, the first state to secede, produced a “Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union” that was full of references to northern states’ hostility toward slavery because they were interfering with the return of fugitive slaves.

Other seceding states echoed the same sentiment.

“Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery — the greatest material interest of the world,” proclaimed Mississippi in its own secession declaration, passed Jan. 9, 1861. “Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of the commerce of the earth. . . . A blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.”
The problem with that is up until the time of industrialization, the North has no problem with slavery to produce cheaper cotton. Kinda like complaining about illegals doing the jobs of Americans but people don’t want to pay $5 for a pint of strawberries.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Would you fly both the Confederate and American, American, or Confederate battle flag on the back of your truck/personal vehicle?
I don’t, because I don’t feel the need to say “Hey, I’m American and Southern and I need everyone to pay attention to me because I’m special”

It’s also why I’m not on social media of any sorts, I’m ok with who I am and don’t care to see the world falling apart via Facebook

Box Ox

If that’s their jam, go for it. I think it’s mainly to get a rise out of people who don’t like it. And in that, it’s childish.

I agree. They are antithetical to one another. As is the idea that the Confederacy fought for “real” American values and a righteous cause.

I’m glad my Confederate ancestors lost the war. If they hadn’t, African Americans might still be enslaved today. Or well past the end of the Civil War at the very least.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I agree. They are antithetical to one another. As is the idea that the Confederacy fought for “real” American values and a righteous cause.

I’m glad my Confederate ancestors lost the war. If they hadn’t, African Americans might still be enslaved today. Or well past the end of the Civil War at the very least.
That we can agree on. Just because we don’t like something that happened in the past doesn’t mean everything associated with that time was evil. That’s where the south gets a bad rep from a broad brush stroke that everyone’s “uneducated and ignorant” to quote someone here, based on a flag of a generation.

Somehow we all still forget, that we as a nation, killed and relocated the native Americans that had this land first, wonder how they feel about the American flag?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am a loader at a hub in Pennsylvania. Can I be fired for wearing a hat that displays the Confederate Flag?
You don't need to be born in the south to have pride for the south. I have family in the south. I lived in Florida for a while too.
I ask this because a part-time supervisor said over the radio today to the hub manager and full time supervisor that he doesn't want to see anyone wearing Confederate Flags. This isn't the first time he's said about this. The hub manager and full time supervisor say the will address it with me, but never do. So I continue to wear it. Said part-time supervisor is offended because his wife is black.
Four flags fly from my truck. The American, Confederate, Gadsden, and Trump's MAGA flag. I love and fly all four equally.
Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X would not agree with BLM.
So what is the point you're

I don't correspond the flag with racism at all. To me, it has another meaning. Yes, I was born and raised in south eastern Pennsylvania (with the exception of living in FL for almost two years) but I had family on both sides of the Civil War.
The Civil War was not just over slavery. You do realize that, right?
Lincoln didn't care either way about slavery.

Let me break it down to you, Uncle Jessie

You come to UPS for one reason, to work and make money.
You are not allowed to come in and wear something that will offend someone else and induce a hostile work environment.
No one gives a :censored2: what your POV is, you know wearing it is an issue.
The reason they haven't told you to not wear it yet is to make sure it is done correctly and legally.
Wear that up here in Connecticut and you'd never make it back out to the guard shack alive.

Leave your hat in your pickup truck, right next to your can of Kodiak and moonshine.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let me break it down to you, Uncle Jessie

You come to UPS for one reason, to work and make money.
You are not allowed to come in and wear something that will offend someone else and induce a hostile work environment.
No one gives a :censored2: what your POV is, you know wearing it is an issue.
The reason they haven't told you to not wear it yet is to make sure it is done correctly and legally.
Wear that up here in Connecticut and you'd never make it back out to the guard shack alive.

Leave your hat in your pickup truck, right next to your can of Kodiak and moonshine.
Boss Hogg???