conference call

stink219

But they didn't until 2 years later. What's your point?

Ground work for post-public decision making is prepared in advanced. When I was younger, I worked for a local, family-owned midsize grocery chain that was known for wide aisles & premium service. When the owned passed on, his kids decided to cash in on an IPO ... recognizing that Wall Street's golden metric was sales per square foot, the aisles shrunk (additional space was sub-leased) and the baggers/carry out service eliminated well in advance of the IPO.

My point is that I doubt it's accurate to suggest UPS "was a completely different company than the current publicly traded company it is now," given that much of the ground work for today was laid out the. Of course, things became more extreme as FedEx Ground grew & the econ took a dump.
And in accordance with that became a new way to negotiate a bargaining unit contract.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I didn't mind Carey. But remember in 97, we didn't get to vote on our contract. Some forget that we weren't given that voice while we were on the picket line. In 97 UPS was a completely different company than the current publicly traded company it is now. Your being close minded. hall negotiated the 97 contract. Carey just took credit as "the boss" usually does. You said he never turned his back on TDU? Didn't Carey removed nearly every TDU member from his executive board and just replaced them with mobsters like Boston's George Cashman? Pete Camarata, who confounded TDU said in a letter to TDU's steering committee,"Carey's performance on limiting corruption...as far as I know the score is ZERO!". In local 299 Carey appointed a trustee from the group BLAST. If you don't know BLAST, they are the Brotherhood of Loyal Americans and Strong Teamsters. They were used to beat up TDUers at their conference. Once again, I liked Carey. But stop thinking your shining prince was more clean all others. Like I said, he used TDU for votes and then the "relationship" you speak of was just a close watch on TDU.

Damn Brother, do you really want to play tit for tat when it comes who has more shady characters in their back pocket? Hoffa would lose that argument in a landslide...

stink219

Every year since the late 80's there has been less and less mob influx. The government is so up the teamsters :censored2: that most have defected to smaller scale unions. Are there people in our union that might be "connected"? Of course. But then again so is my barber. If your comparing Hoff Sr. And Carey, I'll agree with you. Carey and Hoff Jr? Doubtful. Teamster presidents are more of political figurehead these days as well.

Fullhouse

I wonder why Hall was so supportive about getting more 22.3 jobs when we never reached the '97 goal set. I wouldnt be crowing abour more 22.3 jobs unless the the previous contract numbers were met.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We did meet it. Every local was responsible for a certain number. In our building we cover 87 22.3's. never been less.

I doubt we cover them. They like to eliminate them at one center say they are moving them to another. It's a never ending game.

I would prefer wording more along the lines of this. "No center should have less than 5% of its total union workforce dedicated to article 22.3 jobs.

stink219

We have had and maintained the same amount since 2000. They slept on adding them for 3 years. When our guys went full time they received 3 years of back pay. We never dropped ANY of our 22.3's. Not sure about the rest of the country.

Inthegame

Ground work for post-public decision making is prepared in advanced. When I was younger, I worked for a local, family-owned midsize grocery chain that was known for wide aisles & premium service. When the owned passed on, his kids decided to cash in on an IPO ... recognizing that Wall Street's golden metric was sales per square foot, the aisles shrunk (additional space was sub-leased) and the baggers/carry out service eliminated well in advance of the IPO.
My point is that I doubt it's accurate to suggest UPS "was a completely different company than the current publicly traded company it is now," given that much of the ground work for today was laid out the. Of course, things became more extreme as FedEx Ground grew & the econ took a dump.
But the real question is how's the grocery store doing?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm curious how TDU came up with the names and e-mail addresses of all UPS management people to send us all the information about this conference call.

I wonder if the UPS Corporate office gave it to them?

HMMMMMM?

Dracula

I'm curious how TDU came up with the names and e-mail addresses of all UPS management people to send us all the information about this conference call.

HMMMMMM?

Yeah, because TDU is on the same page with brown. You couldn't get more polar opposites than TDU and UPS. Nice try. If you're looking for Stink, he can be found on the TDU sucks thread.

Nice try.

stink219

HMMMMMM?

Yeah, because TDU is on the same page with brown. You couldn't get more polar opposites than TDU and UPS. Nice try. If you're looking for Stink, he can be found on the TDU sucks thread.

Nice try.
See!! Another "Yeah but" guy!! Ask you you shall receive. Dracula? The name makes perfect sense considering all TDUers are blood suckers that prey on the weak that can't think for themselves. But you are fooled by your most high and mighty communist leader, Paff. Besides membership dues and corporate funding, TDU gets money in form of grants from the RTWC. That is The Right To Work (for less) Committee. Um, does anyone else see an issue with that? Imagine if Ken P negotiated our contract. UPS would say,"Ken who?". Then proceed to laugh their azzes off. Let's picture that. So we let the Termites negotiate, they send us an update, then a vote, then UPS counters, then a vote, then an update, then a vote, then TDU counters, then a vote, update, vote, UPS, vote, update, vote, then update, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, until finally we are on strike because it's 3 months past August 1st and nothing is complete. Public opinion isn't on our side now because it's not 1970 anymore. Government intervenes and forces us to "take what we get". We are so damn confused and PO'd that most could care less at that point. Some go and cross picket lines because of the lack of jobs and high cost of living. And finally!! Finally, after 40 years of doing it, Ken P finally breaks one the biggest union of all! Dracula, I love everyone of my brothers and sisters that stand together with the Teamsters and labor. Some of us truck drivers are educated and some may need things negotiated on their behalf. But make no mistake about it, TDU is going to be exposed now brother. Why won't Paff return my calls? Why was I hung up on when I asked about his salary from TDU? Why won't he produce his LM2s? Why cant I (or ANYONE!) run for TDU president? All the things he criticizes our union about he wont do in his cult. A walking hypocrisy. A charlatan, working you people against the union and lining his pockets. Buy my snake oil!!! Don't misunderstand, he is a very smart guy. So smart in fact that you folks can't see through his mask of economic self greed. Do you know how much he makes? He is in UPS's and other companies back pocket. You guys are so blinded by the crap he sells you that you can't even think for yourselves without his say. Living in a world of conspiracy and negativity. But then again, Charles Mason, David Koresh and Adolf Hitler had people follow them blindly also. Also, leave Hoax alone. I don't always agree with him, but he is entertaining. Lastly, Hoffa's salary last year was 294k. Can you get me what Paff's was?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We all keep forgetting. Carey got us 10k jobs-what did we get? Maybe 2k. Hoffa got all the 22.3 jobs. Which are being desolved. The union needs to impose fines to the company. When they don't do what is agreed to. What is the sense of getting job promises if UPS doesn't have to honor what is written.

Dracula

See!! Another "Yeah but" guy!! Ask you you shall receive. Dracula? The name makes perfect sense considering all TDUers are blood suckers that prey on the weak that can't think for themselves. But you are fooled by your most high and mighty communist leader, Paff. Besides membership dues and corporate funding, TDU gets money in form of grants from the RTWC. That is The Right To Work (for less) Committee. Um, does anyone else see an issue with that? Imagine if Ken P negotiated our contract. UPS would say,"Ken who?". Then proceed to laugh their azzes off. Let's picture that. So we let the Termites negotiate, they send us an update, then a vote, then UPS counters, then a vote, then an update, then a vote, then TDU counters, then a vote, update, vote, UPS, vote, update, vote, then update, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, update, vote, until finally we are on strike because it's 3 months past August 1st and nothing is complete. Public opinion isn't on our side now because it's not 1970 anymore. Government intervenes and forces us to "take what we get". We are so damn confused and PO'd that most could care less at that point. Some go and cross picket lines because of the lack of jobs and high cost of living. And finally!! Finally, after 40 years of doing it, Ken P finally breaks one the biggest union of all! Dracula, I love everyone of my brothers and sisters that stand together with the Teamsters and labor. Some of us truck drivers are educated and some may need things negotiated on their behalf. But make no mistake about it, TDU is going to be exposed now brother. Why won't Paff return my calls? Why was I hung up on when I asked about his salary from TDU? Why won't he produce his LM2s? Why cant I (or ANYONE!) run for TDU president? All the things he criticizes our union about he wont do in his cult. A walking hypocrisy. A charlatan, working you people against the union and lining his pockets. Buy my snake oil!!! Don't misunderstand, he is a very smart guy. So smart in fact that you folks can't see through his mask of economic self greed. Do you know how much he makes? He is in UPS's and other companies back pocket. You guys are so blinded by the crap he sells you that you can't even think for yourselves without his say. Living in a world of conspiracy and negativity. But then again, Charles Mason, David Koresh and Adolf Hitler had people follow them blindly also. Also, leave Hoax alone. I don't always agree with him, but he is entertaining. Lastly, Hoffa's salary last year was 294k. Can you get me what Paff's was?

Jeez, I don't even know where to start. Your hatred of TDU clouds your vision, I think. Ken P isn't my leader, as you put it. Last I checked, I don't pay dues to him or TDU. I have, however, bought books from their web site. Books that assist me with labor laws, DOT rules and guidance that helps me at work when I butt heads with management. Funny, but none of this is available from our union. It should be. My local is a big Hoffa backer, and always has been, so I'm used to the TDU hate. Most of the guys I know that bad-mouth TDU repeat what they hear from our union. Very few of them will say why they hate them so much. Facts are facts, no matter where they come from. If they TDU website points something out that our union doesn't, I appreciate it. I don't automatically shun the info because of where it comes from. Again, facts are facts.

The front page of TDU's website today, has a link for UPS Contract Update. In the first paragraph, it list's what hall has proposed. Then, in the very next paragraph, it says this:

"These are bargaining demands that all UPS Teamsters can unite around. The big turnout at Teamster contract meetings across the country showed that members are ready to fight for a fair contract at UPS."

Hmm, if I didn't know better, I would think that sounds like the "Communists" agree and back what Hall has negotiated. Maybe not. After all, I'm just a truck driver that "can't think for himself", as you say. SO maybe you can tell me what to think...

It boggles my mind how you think Paff wants to break our union and is in the back pockets of UPS. TDU has never taken UPS money. Hoffa has. Every article, every webpage I've ever read over the years from TDU has to do with fighting for union members against companies like UPS. Yes, they definitely hold the union's feet to the fire when it's deserved. And guess what? They don't like it. If I were a union official, drawing multiple salaries and benefits from member's hard earned dues, and someone made that public, I too would be concerned. As a member, I appreciate someone showing me that information. Excessive salaries and benefits from union officials, when our economy is hurting and membership is falling, is the very thing that makes our union look bad. Both inside and outside of the union. Anyone who doesn't want that information available to our membership has a lot to hide, and is against everything a union should be.

And Hoffa made $372,000, not $294,000. Why not say the the truth? And I don't care about Ken P's salary, because I don't pay him dues.

Also, isn't Hoaxster a former manager? Why are you so concerned with protecting him? I didn't know I hurt his feelings. He's jabbed me before, I've jabbed him. Big deal. It's a web forum. He seems like he can roll with punches just fine and doesn't seem to need a union steward to protect him.

stink219

I don't pay dues to him or TDU. I have, however, bought books from their web site. Books that assist me with labor laws, DOT rules and guidance that helps me at work when I butt heads with management. Funny, but none of this is available from our union. [
SO YOU PAID A COMMUNIST WEBSITE MONEY FOR MATERIAL THE IS READILY AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR FREE? YEAH, KEEP CONVINCING YOURSELF YOUR NOT PAYING DUES.

The front page of TDU's website today, has a link for UPS Contract Update. In the first paragraph, it list's what hall has proposed. Then, in the very next paragraph, it says this:
"These are bargaining demands that all UPS Teamsters can unite around. The big turnout at Teamster contract meetings across the country showed that members are ready to fight for a fair contract at UPS."[
THOSE WERE INITIAL ECONOMIC PROPOSALS. SO WHEN THEY ARE NEGOTIATED DOWN A BIT TDU WILL SAY HOW WE CONCEDED AND THE UNION SUCKS. LOOK AT HISTORY DUDE.

After all, I'm just a truck driver that "can't think for himself", as you say. SO maybe you can tell me what to think...[
TDU WORD MIXING AT ITS BEST. TDUer CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES. AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK, TRUST YOUR UNION NOT A CULT LEADER!!!!

It boggles my mind how you think Paff wants to break our union and is in the back pockets of UPS. TDU has never taken UPS money. Hoffa has. Every article, every webpage I've ever read over the years from TDU has to do with fighting for union members against companies like UPS. [
YOUR MIXING MY WORDS. THERE IS WAY MORE NEGATIVE DIRECTION TWORDS THE UNION THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON YOUR WEBSITE. PAFF IS A SCAMMER.

Excessive salaries and benefits from union officials, when our economy is hurting and membership is falling, is the very thing that makes our union look bad. [
TDU COMPLAINED ABOUT MY BA'S SALARY. HE ONLY MADE 15K MORE THAN ME. WHAT SHOULD WE PAY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNION? MY TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS 137K MIND YOU.

And Hoffa made $372,000, not $294,000. Why not say the the truth? And I don't care about Ken P's salary, because I don't pay him dues. [
$294K WAS HIS SALARY IS THE TRUTH. ITS EVEN ON YOUR CRAP WEBSITE. YOUR SECOND FIGURE IS HIS TOTAL COMPENSATION (ANOTHER TDU SPIN). CANT YOU SEE THE TDU SPIN???!!!!! ASK ANY TRAVELING EXECUTIVE HOW THAT WORKS. OR ARE THEY JUST EXPECTED TO NEGOTIATE, PLAY POLITICS AND TRAVEL ON A WEEKLY BASIS ON THEIR OWN DIME? ALSO, NOTICE HOW SANDY POPE ISN'T ON THAT "LIST". CONVENIENT!

Also, isn't Hoaxster a former manager? Why are you so concerned with protecting him?[
SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HIS HUMOR AND MINE PERHAPS. THAT HAD ZERO TO DO WITH YOU.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also, isn't Hoaxster a former manager? Why are you so concerned with protecting him? I didn't know I hurt his feelings. He's jabbed me before, I've jabbed him. Big deal. It's a web forum. He seems like he can roll with punches just fine and doesn't seem to need a union steward to protect him.

No feelings were hurt and I never take anything on here to heart.
Keep on jabbing.

SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HIS HUMOR AND MINE PERHAPS. THAT HAD ZERO TO DO WITH YOU.

Humor is the main reason I come here ... I got a good laugh out of this.
We all need a steward to help us. :wink2: